Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: heated seats for Mirage in Canada?

I doubt you can order this in the US, since it's not in US cars.

The wiring may be there, but the heating elements won't be in your seats. You'd have to replace the seat and/or seat cover.

I'd contact Mitsu directly and ask them for this feature. Then one day in the future you may have the opportunity to retrofit it. Let us know what they say.

Or: start a new thread with a poll and get US owners here on the forum to voice their requests. I'll pass it on to the PR rep for the company if people want it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    There may be wiring. Some vehicles (all of mine) have had wiring for heated seats - even though mine didn't come with them. In the case of my focus, it's a fairly low end model and it's wired for power and heated seats.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I've added heated seats to a car I had, a 1997 Sunfire. It really wasn't that hard to do at all. I picked up a Doorman heated seat kit off amazon for about $65 with everything needed. The only pain on that car was the fabric was glued to the seat, so I had to peel it off, then use some spray adhesive to stick it back down. It didn't look great once done, but it did work very nicely. This is the way I'd go versus trying to get a seat from Canada.

Has anyone else tried this yet?

Name:  heatedseatkit.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  84.9 KB
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just removed the cover in the center console where the switches should be and my car does not have a wire harness immediately under the cover.
    Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 91cavgt For This Useful Post:

Daox (04-10-2015)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    If there's no pre-wiring, then one would need to find out if the harness can be added, or if it is part of the entire body harness inside the vehicle. There may be a connector under the dash that a heated seat harness would plug in to, IF the system is separate. If Canadian vehicles with heated seats have a completely different body harness though, that would pose an issue for an OE retrofit.

Who knows, maybe there is a plug in the center console for the entire system. A wiring schematic from an online parts website would be great.

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Instead of removing the factory seat cover, why not buy some aftermarket seat covers and install those heaters on to the aftermarket seat covers? This way you can always return the car back to stock if you ever sell it.

Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 91cavgt For This Useful Post:

laceygirl (08-03-2015)