Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yaris front springs?

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts

Yaris front springs?

Thanks to Caramanos2000 we know Yaris rear springs together with original Mirage schocks work perfectly. See thread: Yaris shocks and springs?.

But what about the front? Since Yaris front struts are just about the same, it seems like Yaris front springs should be fine too.

Question:
    Has anybody tried this? Can anybody tell us more?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

Eggman (10-03-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Subbed.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    Thanks to Caramanos2000 we know Yaris rear springs together with original Mirage schocks work perfectly. See thread: Yaris shocks and springs?.

But what about the front? Since Yaris front struts are just about the same, it seems like Yaris front springs should be fine too.

Question:

I actually have a full set of Yaris lowering springs that I am waiting til I have time to install. I will let you guys know and post pics when I do!
    Empty to full in $12 flat.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VegasMirage2 For This Useful Post:

Angrybeaver (10-04-2016),Daox (10-05-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasMirage2 View Post
    I actually have a full set of Yaris lowering springs that I am waiting til I have time to install. I will let you guys know and post pics when I do!
    If it works it will open up a whole bunch of parts for us to use! I hope it does

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I have a set of ST lowering springs for the Scion XD that I need to install when I find the time. I got them really cheap on eBay a few months ago. The XD shares the same platform as the Yaris, but is a few hundred pounds heavier. My thinking was this might be a good option since I don't want to lower my Mirage, just improve the ride and handling.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post

Question:

Alright guys I have good news and bad news. I went ahead and installed the Yaris lowering springs I had bought form amazon. These ones to be exact.
    https://www.amazon.com/Toyota-Yaris-Suspension-Lowering-Spring/dp/B00PK3A2SW/ref=pd_sbs_263_t_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=PB5G35GV80 98MP5QBCXV

So I started with the fronts and after removing the strut right away I realized how much bigger the Yaris spring was compared to the Mirage spring. I don't think there was really any way the front springs would fit onto the stock strut considering the spring is about a 1/2 inch bigger in diameter at the top end.

Now to the rear springs. The rear springs popped right in with no issues at all and man what a difference they make. They actually didnt really even lower the car but maybe a 1/2 inch. I was worried at first with putting just the rears on and obviously only lowering the rear but since it barley lowered it it look pretty nice. The rear end feels nice and planted now and the body roll is considerably less. It does not bottom out in the back at all any more even when i hit a nice dip at 45 or so mph with 200 lbs in the back. The ride is also not overly stiff or jarring at all. I am very happy with the rear end now! Still want to find something for the front end though. Honestly the rear springs looked liked they would've fit the front but I didn't try it out. I'm pretty sure I dodnt have the springs mixed up considering they are marked with R for rear and F for front? That was my logic anyway.

I will post pics when I can.
    Last edited by VegasMirage2; 10-06-2016 at 07:39 PM.
    Empty to full in $12 flat.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VegasMirage2 For This Useful Post:

Daox (10-06-2016),foama (10-08-2016),gone.a (10-06-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Thanks for trying them out!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wanted to bump this thread. Anyone find any alternative front springs that don't alter ride height too much?

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    bump on this one. as I don't see anyone changed their front springs.... my rear is till stable with the swift springs but I was thinking of changing my fronts.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsumi View Post
    bump on this one. as I don't see anyone changed their front springs.... my rear is till stable with the swift springs but I was thinking of changing my fronts.
    I purchased some generic 200#/inch springs (linear rate) that fit around the shock. They had to be cut so as to not alter ride height and compressing them took dangerous creativity. I posted about it on here somewhere. The spring rate however feels great. Any heavier and it would be a stiff/busy ride and any softer would not be enough. Combined with the rear Yaris springs and no other mods the car actually handles pretty damn good. Still under-steers a little under hard cornering. Body roll and rebound is well controlled and I can really push the vehicle hard and it doesn't get sloppy. Stock shocks all around work well.

The issue with all of the generic springs I found online is that the coils are tightly spaced and clamp type spring compressors will not fit so you need to get creative. Considering I had to compress the springs about 2 inches, or 400 pounds worth, it was basically a bomb just waiting to go off. Be safe.

TL: DR- linear 200# front springs are what you want.