Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just bought my second Mirage (2017)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Just bought my second Mirage (2017)

I gave up my '14 Mirage for a new '17 SEL in Titanium Grey.
    Picking it up Tuesday after this lonng wknd.
    After test driving a '17 I decided to upgrade. (My '14 needed tires n brakes anyway so.... why not)
    I had big plans to mod my '14 but sadly it never happened so this time I'm buyin the bling up front.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IchabodCrane For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (10-08-2016),Daox (10-10-2016),Eggman (10-08-2016),inuvik (10-08-2016),MetroMPG (10-08-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Sell your old one to MetroMPG.

Also, let us know if that wiring harness is still there for the side marker lights.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (10-08-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Sell your old one to MetroMPG.

Also, let us know if that wiring harness is still there for the side marker lights.
    The harness is there, mine is a 17 :-)

Love that color!!!
    (blank signature)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

Eggman (10-08-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sweet. I'm holding out for a GT. Too high, and not enough inventory out there yet. Maybe a $2500 rebate will roll out around the end of the year.

Woo, congrats! Going to make an additional garage entry?

The car looks more sophisticated in gray with those wheels & the new fascia.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I traded the '14 back to Mitsu so it will likely be some young person's first car now.
    This is first I've heard of the GT. It doesn't show up on Canadian Mitsu site and I've never seen one.
    We still don't get pushbutton start here either.
    I like this color because to me it helps all that new front chrome not to seem "too much".
    Don't really get much for the jump from SE to SEL aside from Hid headlights and 15" tires and rims but with new laws in Ontario it's the only legal way to run 15 inchers on this car.
    I am considering maybe 1/2" or 1" wheel spacers just to fill the wheelwells out a bit though, and they are easy to remove if the law catches up to me.
    As for garage entry I'll wait till I get it home. Dealership background isn't very personal.
    Oh.. yeah. Dealer incentive was full set of winter tires and rims with purchase so for me a good time to buy..
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IchabodCrane For This Useful Post:

Eggman (10-08-2016),MetroMPG (10-08-2016)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IchabodCrane View Post
    I traded the '14 back to Mitsu so it will likely be some young person's first car now.
    This is first I've heard of the GT. It doesn't show up on Canadian Mitsu site and I've never seen one.
    We still don't get pushbutton start here either.
    I like this color because to me it helps all that new front chrome not to seem "too much".
    Don't really get much for the jump from SE to SEL aside from Hid headlights and 15" tires and rims but with new laws in Ontario it's the only legal way to run 15 inchers on this car.
    I am considering maybe 1/2" or 1" wheel spacers just to fill the wheelwells out a bit though, and they are easy to remove if the law catches up to me.
    As for garage entry I'll wait till I get it home. Dealership background isn't very personal.
    Oh.. yeah. Dealer incentive was full set of winter tires and rims with purchase so for me a good time to buy..
    Am curious....what kind of law does Ontario have that makes it illegal to run 15" wheels on the car unless it comes from the factory that way?? Also, what differences in the test drive made you want to upgrade?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The "new" Ontario safety regs governing automobiles could be a complete blindside to drivers here if it's as bad as early reorts say. Touted as a needed upgrade to decades old safety standards our Gov't has made it "unsafe" to modify our autos from stock configuration for highway use. Simply having tires/wheels differing from the door sticker could be cause to fail a safety check. (If I understood correctly Australia has similar rules) Informed rumor has led us to believe the very near future will require us to pass a safety certification each time we renew our plate registration.
    See thread... "2014 mirage part out"
    See thread... "New 2017 Mirage SE vs 2015 Mirage ES"

Noteables for upgrade... better feeling seats, more precise driving characteristics, 15" wheels, Android auto, led tail lights, HID headlights.

Just a quick added note... according to all the information I can find the GT badge is not used here in Canada. Here the GT is rebadged as the SEL.
    Last edited by IchabodCrane; 10-09-2016 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Additions
    Will weld for beer.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IchabodCrane For This Useful Post:

Eggman (10-09-2016),MetroMPG (10-13-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Those rims and that color are a perfect combination! Congrats on the new Mirage!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I gotta agree with the others, that color looks great. I agree it hides all the new bling well. Congrats!

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)