Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6.5" Display Audio with Smartphone link actually sucks

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    But now releasing that you posted a pic. I have a Note4 and used it maybe that is why it is working perfectly.

There is no I in team. But there is a PU in group and you guys stink.....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 35.1 mpg (US) ... 14.9 km/L ... 6.7 L/100 km ... 42.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I think AA will catch up eventually but as it's actually a third party app it will likely need a few updates to work on most devices.
    But back to the point yeah, they did kill some of the simple functionality of the original system in favour of Apple car play and Android Auto.
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Sorry for bringing up a sore spot here, but can I get some further clarity on how the new radio works with Bluetooth? I'm considering the Mirage again for my business since the deals are really good, but one thing I ABSOLUTELY require is a proper easy to use verbal Bluetooth function as I often have to make multiple calls while driving around. I own an IPhone 6s. So here are my questions....

Does the phone have to be physically connected via USB to download the contacts? Once it's downloaded, you can access the contacts but only through the touchscreen if it's not connected to the USB, correct?

Is there any kind of "favorites" button to access often used numbers or you can only scroll through contacts and recent calls?

When a call comes in, you can answer it with the steering wheel button even if the phone is not plugged in?

Does the base ES have steering wheel buttons? Or is that only added if you get the dealer installed Bluetooth accessory?

Is the touch radio so infuriating that it would make more sense to get the base ES? I really want the added features of the SE, but not if it means a Bluetooth function that will drive me insane.
    Last edited by Carfreak09; 12-01-2016 at 01:09 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Carfreak09 View Post
    Sorry for bringing up a sore spot here, but 1. can I get some further clarity on how the new radio works with Bluetooth? I'm considering the Mirage again for my business since the deals are really good, but one thing I ABSOLUTELY require is a proper easy to use verbal Bluetooth function as I often have to make multiple calls while driving around. I own an IPhone 6s. So here are my questions....

2. Does the phone have to be physically connected via USB to download the contacts? Once it's downloaded, 3. you can access the contacts but only through the touchscreen if it's not connected to the USB, correct?

4. Is there any kind of "favorites" button to access often used numbers or you can only scroll through contacts and recent calls?

5. When a call comes in, you can answer it with the steering wheel button even if the phone is not plugged in?

6. Does the base ES have steering wheel buttons? 7. Or is that only added if you get the dealer installed Bluetooth accessory?

8.Is the touch radio so infuriating that it would make more sense to get the base ES? I really want the added features of the SE, but not if it means a Bluetooth function that will drive me insane.
    1. Sure!

2. Nope. You can download the contacts through Bluetooth without USB connection.

3. Correct.

4. I haven't played around more about favorites, but it works with recent calls.

5. Yes, you can use touchscreen or steering wheel.

6. No.

7. Dealer added option.

8. I love the Stock unit with the option of Android or Apple integration. Once connected with the USB, I have almost complete voice use in he Mirage.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zx2uner View Post
    1. Sure!

2. Nope. You can download the contacts through Bluetooth without USB connection.

3. Correct.

4. I haven't played around more about favorites, but it works with recent calls.

5. Yes, you can use touchscreen or steering wheel.

6. No.

7. Dealer added option.

8. I love the Stock unit with the option of Android or Apple integration. Once connected with the USB, I have almost complete voice use in he Mirage.
    Thank you so much for the insight! I guess my main concern with this apple CarPlay thing is that it has to be plugged in to work with verbal commands. The only way I know I have orders to fill is when I get an email and my phone dings, which means it needs to be out where I can see it, preferably in the windshield. This would mean I would have a cord hanging down from the windshield all the way to the glovebox. I'm constantly in and out of the car too which would mean constant unplugging and plugging back in. And then there's the concern of overcharging the battery in the long run. Is the onscreen menu to dial numbers in the contacts that tedious to do while driving? Keep in mind I would get a stick, so my hands will be busier then most drivers.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't find the plugging in too annoying, I could see your point though. However, the touchscreen isn't too tedious or complicated to use for making phone calls.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zx2uner View Post
    I don't find the plugging in too annoying, I could see your point though. However, the touchscreen isn't too tedious or complicated to use for making phone calls.
    Ha! I respectfully disagree. If the phone isn't physically connected and you want to make a call - you are forced to use the touchscreen. It takes at least 4 presses to make a call, and that's assuming the person you're calling is in your recent history. Even then it's not like you press history and can click on their name to dial. For some stupid reason you have to go to:

Recent> Find the recent call you want to return> Then on the new recent screen you need to press a small icon beside their name> Then on yet another new screen you need to press Call.

Easily the worst integration i've ever used. If you want to dial directly then you're stuck trying to manually dial using oddly undersized buttons for the size of the screen. I'm totally unimpressed with the non-carplay integration and the uselessness of the steering wheel button (as compared to the 2015 ES). I'm also bothered by the need to physically connect the phone to use the CarPlay features, though that particular problem may be due to Apple and not anything in the Mitsu design.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    A loss of functionality is often a problem with new and expensive systems. These things are so simple, it drives me nuts.

My parents bought their car without at all consulting me, an brand spanking new infinity SUV. Not only does it not have an auxiliary jack, but you cant play music over the Bluetooth, and the in car USB can't be used with a phone. It's maddening. That's $50000 well spent.

So I guess the point is it could be worse? hahaha

Mirage G4 SE
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I actually love the 2017 Mirage G4 SE Audio System. I use the Apple Car Play and Voice Commands all the time on it. If I am just going sonewhere quick I dont full with plugging it in. I prefer the USB in the glove box so you dont have wites and charges visible junking up the console. But for people who want their phone visible there is a gap in the glove box for this reason to shut the glove box with the cord out and your phone on the seat. I have done this a few times and it does not dent or smash the cord. My 2015 Mirage ES had the Navigation Package and I loved it as well but this is much more modern. Its loads my 1,400 songs instantly on Apple Car Play and I have i stalled several apps to where I have 3 screens I can go through on my head unit. Name:  IMG_6373.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  81.9 KB

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mirage ES Navi For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-22-2017),inuvik (04-22-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Why does the speech button not work on the wheel? It just says not supported? Why even have that button?

Galaxy S7 edge.

On my truck that same button prompts a voice asking what I want and I can speak what I'd like.