Thread: 6.5" Display Audio with Smartphone link actually sucks

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

6.5" Display Audio with Smartphone link actually sucks

I recently upgraded from a 2015 Mirage ES to a 2017 Mirage SE. I made another post comparing the two. I am thrilled with the 17 SE. Though there is one downside....The 6.5" Display Audio with Smartphone link, Apple Carplay, Android Audio, etc. Put simply, i'm totally unimpressed with everything about it aside from the nice 6.5" screen.

Phone calls:
    In my old 2015 with the standard stereo and factory bluetooth I could make calls using my voice and the steering wheel controls. Nice and safe. In the 17 Mirage the steering wheel voice dialing is locked out. No problem, I can just hit dial on the touch screen....that is after I navigate through a series of menus to get to an actual number. I haven't been able to figure out how to voice dial with the press of one button! How is this convenient...or safe when compared to how it was in the 2015?

Bluetooth audio:
    In the 2015 I could stream bluetooth audio perfectly. Stop (turn off) the car, the audio stream would pause. Get back (start car again) in and it would pick back up right where it left off. It was very nice. In the 2017 Mirage I must navigate to 'Media', then to 'Bluetooth Audio', then play it. If I turn off the car for any reason, a full repeat of the process is needed to resume playing.

...total downgrade of what could otherwise be an amazing stereo experience. Luckily, this is the only downside to the new car!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to VespaGoGo For This Useful Post:

inuvik (10-11-2016)