Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6.5" Display Audio with Smartphone link actually sucks

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IchabodCrane View Post
    Galaxy Note 4 running marshmallow 6.0.1
    Weird. Try reinstalling the Android Auto app?

(blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zx2uner View Post
    Weird. Try reinstalling the Android Auto app?
    Or just not install it at all? Will the phone pair and work...as it would work with the base stereo...if these types of apps are simply not used?

It sounds like Android Auto, which does require the phone to be plugged into the USB, overrides the car's very effective Bluetooth system.
    Last edited by Cobrajet; 10-13-2016 at 09:35 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hit me up if anyone trying to sell their 6.5" display radio.

You can get your old bluetooth back by buying the bluetooth module, the old one are the bypass from speaker to the radio.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Or just not install it at all? Will the phone pair and work...as it would work with the base stereo...if these types of apps are simply not used?

It sounds like Android Auto, which does require the phone to be plugged into the USB, overrides the car's very effective Bluetooth system.
    Nope. Bluetooth will work fine without AA installed, but voice is disabled completely. Voice control is only available with use of AA or ACP.

The use of voice control with the new stereo is not the same as the old one, as stated. He is correct with his frustrations.

So to use voice control, you either need AA or ACP, there's no way around it.
    (blank signature)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zx2uner View Post
    Nope. Bluetooth will work fine without AA installed, but voice is disabled completely. Voice control is only available with use of AA or ACP.

The use of voice control with the new stereo is not the same as the old one, as stated. He is correct with his frustrations.

So to use voice control, you either need AA or ACP, there's no way around it.
    This has proven to be true. Simply having display audio installed in the car disables the steering wheel voice button/feature altogether.
    The Bluetooth audio hooks up just fine and the volume/skip forward/back buttons work just as they did on base radio. The phone works through bluetooth as well but the steering wheel buttons pick up/hang up only.
    All other functions have to be handled on screen, even while driving.
    Through much research I have found my Note 4 to be incompatible with AA so I will get a different phone.
    Mitsu dealer has acces on their computers to tell you which phones work with the system and far more than the 5 listed in the app info will work.
    Here's the Samsung list... my apologies for the sideways post.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IchabodCrane For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (10-14-2016),Eggman (10-14-2016)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Long story short I was able to rework my phone and get Android Auto to work in my Mirage.
    As it turns out AA is functional enough to make it useful.
    I've only tried Google play music and Google maps navigation so far. Maps navigation works flawlessly so far. Press voice button on steering wheel, speak and go where it says..
    Google play music works well enough but it's all about using data. I know there's a way to play my on device tunes through the app but haven't found it yet. There are a few apps available to expand the list of what AA can do.
    Stay tuned... it may not suck that bad.
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to IchabodCrane For This Useful Post:

Eggman (10-18-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IchabodCrane View Post
    Long story short I was able to rework my phone and get Android Auto to work in my Mirage.
    As it turns out AA is functional enough to make it useful.
    I've only tried Google play music and Google maps navigation so far. Maps navigation works flawlessly so far. Press voice button on steering wheel, speak and go where it says..
    Google play music works well enough but it's all about using data. I know there's a way to play my on device tunes through the app but haven't found it yet. There are a few apps available to expand the list of what AA can do.
    Stay tuned... it may not suck that bad.
    I can get Apple Carplay to work without issue. It does everything it's billed to do, and enables voice commands. My issue is with having to have my phone physically connected to the car to gain these features. They exist on their own using the standard bluetooth integration of the non-touchscreen stereo setup, so my complaint lies in the fact that they actually downgraded some functionality to gain Carplay/AA integration.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    1st and foremost Im back *****es/ Sorry for the long absence. But i think i have a solution to you Apple Car play, Android auto thing. The Android system works but not well. They want you to use voice basically with the AA. Apple works a little better from playing with both. But to use Voice by the press of one button. Press and Hold the speak key on the steering wheel for at least 2-3 secs and Galaxy voice will pop up on your screen. Than talk, say Call Mom, Dad, Babygirl, Whomever.
    There is no I in team. But there is a PU in group and you guys stink.....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 35.1 mpg (US) ... 14.9 km/L ... 6.7 L/100 km ... 42.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontee View Post
    1st and foremost Im back *****es/ Sorry for the long absence. But i think i have a solution to you Apple Car play, Android auto thing. The Android system works but not well. They want you to use voice basically with the AA. Apple works a little better from playing with both. But to use Voice by the press of one button. Press and Hold the speak key on the steering wheel for at least 2-3 secs and Galaxy voice will pop up on your screen. Than talk, say Call Mom, Dad, Babygirl, Whomever.
    That won't work without the phone physically connected via USB. If it is only connected via bluetooth nothing will happen except the screen saying "function not supported", because they disabled bluetooth voice commands for the touch screen equipped system.

...Also, welcome back *****

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks. Now your just being diffucult lol. For AA or ACP to work is required for OEM charging cord into USB. But we played with it at my last dealership with out being hooked up Via UsB we were still able to make calls and such. But not load contacts. Seems weird. The ACP works better in all models. I am in Mercedes-Benz now and it is the same. It was easy to hook up via USB to AA but all contacts via the AA wouldnt show but when i used it on a Apple phone worked flawlessly. Guessing Andriod using an app that was created for Apple, Apple has the upper hand.,

There is no I in team. But there is a PU in group and you guys stink.....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 35.1 mpg (US) ... 14.9 km/L ... 6.7 L/100 km ... 42.1 mpg (Imp)