Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi

Andy - welcome to the forum.

Curious: what car are you driving now?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    2005 corolla CE with manual transmission

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site Andy. I'm sure you'll find the info you're looking for here.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I will be using the car mainly to go to work and back home. i drive 80 miles round trip.

Andy
    I used to do commutes like that when I was going to college in a truck that got 12mpg and when I did it gas prices were about $2.50 a gallon, it cost a fortune. Don't push it on the highway and 50mpg is easily obtainable, with the AC on, and that's with the CVT. I drove mine like 50 miles on the highway when it was flashing low fuel.

Making an edit to my post, this is a comfortable easy to drive car. I own a Fusion, 3 Grand Marquis, an Aerostar, and an F150. The Mirage is nowhere near as bad as critics claim. I like it better than my Fusion. Critics want stiff handling sporty feeling cars. While they're great to drive short trips they're fatiguing to drive over longer distances. The Mirage actually lacks a certain element of road feel. It reminds me of a small Grand Marquis, softer suspension, lighter steering. For practical commuting the Mirage is far more pleasant. It's single biggest drawback is acceleration. I took a road trip recently and was far less stiff after the ride than had I driven my Fusion.
    Last edited by man114; 10-21-2016 at 06:08 AM.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I just got my name on the list to
    Reserve Elio. www.eliomotors.com

Andy

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I just got my name on the list to
    Reserve Elio. www.eliomotors.com

Andy
    They still peddling this?! It's a great idea but I'm skeptical they ever deliver it. They've been promising delivery for ages. I'd be leery of reliability issues with a startup company as well. They want a DOE loan, if Trump wants to abolish the EPA I wouldn't even guarantee those loans will still be around. I'm highly doubting they ever produce any. Nice idea though.