Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This car was not my first choice

Country
    United States
    Thanks

This car was not my first choice

I totaled my Corolla 2010 and I was shopping for Golf, Yaris, Versa, Mazda2 and 3 cars because I always liked the look of hatchbacks. I was at a dealership to look at a Mazda2 but they sold it off before I got there. They had a 2015 Mirage around, I hadn't heard anything about it or remembered that Mitsubishi existed. It seemed more spacious than the Mazda2, I was shocked by the MPG and I liked the car so I took some notes. In a few days, I found another 2015 Mirage for much less.

It only took a few days for me to completely love the car. Already did one roadtrip up to San Francisco, camping at Big Sur from Southern California. I've also lugged ton$ of camera equipment in the spacious rear. Found this forum searching for fog light installation information since mine is missing a cover from the bumper. Making it always wink I thought it was funny to have a forum for a car but then again, it is a quirky car so I am also a fan. Looking forward to getting more info on good ownership.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Everything you said is how I feel. I absolutely love my little car. It's truly a great little hatch. Any questions just ask.

I too camp with mine, and haul **** with it 😉
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Fantastic little cars...they just are what they are. For those who just want something inexpensive, economical, reliable, and versatile, they are hard to beat.

I love mine now more than I did on December 4th, 2014, the day I picked it up from the dealership.

My girlfriend bought a Mirage about three months after I bought mine, and I asked her about how she was liking her Mirage just yesterday. I asked her if she had any regrets about buying it, would have selected different options, a different color, etc, if she could go back to February 26th, 2015 (the day she bought it). She said she'd do it all over again the exact same way.

That says a lot about ANY new car.

Last edited by Cobrajet; 10-21-2016 at 08:17 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (10-21-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franz View Post
    I thought it was funny to have a forum for a car but then again, it is a quirky car so I am also a fan. Looking forward to getting more info on good ownership.
    Hello Franz and welcome to the forum. Lots of friendly folks here, just let us know if you have any questions.

Don't forget to make an entry in your Garage and include some pictures. I'll guess you can come up with some pretty good shots.

Also, this forum has a fuel economy tracker. Earlier this year, Mitsubishi got into trouble in Japan over their fuel economy numbers. With forum members tracking their fuel economy here, it's clear that these cars are not part of that problem. I am averaging about 50 mpg per tank of fuel, and that's with mostly urban/suburban driving. Some members here are in the 60s.

Love the mail slot.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zx2uner View Post
    Everything you said is how I feel. I absolutely love my little car. It's truly a great little hatch. Any questions just ask.

I too camp with mine, and haul **** with it ��
    I have never seen a hitch like that before, clearly it's quite solid. Any info?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spadesheart View Post
    I have never seen a hitch like that before, clearly it's quite solid. Any info?
    It's very solid. The hitch itself is draw-tite brand, not too bad to install.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/252584065626

The carrier itself is Curt brand. It's very solid for its size and can carry a max load of 300lbs... More than the tongue recommended weight for the hitch. I also liked that it has an angled up bar. I've used it many times and it comes in quite handy.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/231928765038

Any other questions please ask away 😉
    (blank signature)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

ISP_guy (04-24-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hitch carriers don't suffer quite the aerodynamic penalty of rooftop units.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hitch carriers don't suffer quite the aerodynamic penalty of rooftop units.
    True. I've never noticed any difference in my MPGs because of it. 😉
    (blank signature)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zx2uner View Post
    It's very solid. The hitch itself is draw-tite brand, not too bad to install.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/252584065626

The carrier itself is Curt brand. It's very solid for its size and can carry a max load of 300lbs... More than the tongue recommended weight for the hitch. I also liked that it has an angled up bar. I've used it many times and it comes in quite handy.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/231928765038

Any other questions please ask away ��
    I find something very entertaining about getting this car to do things it shouldn't be able to do. If I can get it to be able to move medium size appliances like a dishwasher, my work is complete hahaha

If you do couple that little hitch, some ratchet ties, and the removal of the back seats to accommodate a futon, this a very, very competent road-trip vehicle. Who knows, maybe I'll do just that and drive around for a few months.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You might want to consider adding an Air Lift suspension.

Refer to this post: Mitz - AIR LIFT 60724 1000 Series Air Spring Kit