Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I use it in my gas.
    Andy

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Sorry, never used it. I've seen it on the shelves. Mind if I ask why you use it?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I use it in my gas.
    Andy
    I use it in my gas too from time to time as an injector cleaner for preventative maintenance. When I do add it I run 1 fluid ounce per gallon or 30 ml per 4 liters of fuel, so about 9 fluid oz or 270 ml for a full tank added after filling. I've also used it in the oil during winter months when I've lived in cold climates. When it's colder than -30F / -40C almost any oil is like sludge on cold start ups. But now that I live on the Oregon Coast I don't have to worry about those kind of temps anymore (thank goodness).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    you can add it to oil or gas to keep your engine clean it been around since 1923.

I get mine at walmart or Mills fleet farm.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I know it's an old thread but +1 for MMO. I've used it for years and it's always been nice at making the engine just slightly smoother but then a few years ago I got a Blazer that had a stuck oil ring on a cylinder. After a few hundred miles I always had black haze all over the paint. So bad once I got pulled over by a cop who said I need to clean off my license plate, he couldn't read it. lol
    Anyways after putting it in the oil and gas, after a couple hundred miles I believe it unstuck the oil ring because I never had the black all over the car again.
    Otherwise it seems it may have made a difference again, read the following post.

I can say the mirage had a jumpy tach at idle when I first got it. Now at idle it's dead solid at or just under 750 rpms.

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...v-then-normal?
    Last edited by Kungpaoshizi; 01-28-2019 at 07:31 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's interesting. It reminds me of stories of adding kerosene to engine oil before an oil change in order to clean out sludge & deposits.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've heard people believe MMO is just kerosene with some lighter oil. I can say aside from adding to oil, adding a larger than suggested dose to fuel results in a very noticeable smoothness to a tach after revving an engine and watching how fast it drops rpm's back down to idle. It's also how I got rid of a lifter tick in my miata.. They're known for lifters getting gummy.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't think I would ever use it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Eh, to each their own.

I did have the thought the other night though, is there even an engine additive product other than engine flush products that are marketed as cleaners? I know lucas has the oil stabilizer. I did find it funny that I found at Walmart mmo has had " a new improved formula"! lol
    I thought it was alright as-is. Makes me wonder if it was just a change of the label to remove 'MYSTERY OIL' across the front. Seems to be the biggest thing people make fun of. heh