Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Sets of TPMS Sensors

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What else the ETACS does? Only use for TPS or use for Door lock too, Was thinking buy another ETACS and swap it along with the sensor works?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wmo168 View Post
    What else the ETACS does?
    The ETACS is just for the TPMS. Swapping the ETACS module would probably be a huge ordeal.

The easiest/cheapest solution is going to be what Cobrajet described in post #59. You buy an extra set of 4 programmable TPMS sensors and have them 'cloned' to look just like the sensors that are in your current wheels/tires. Then the ETACS won't have any idea that there is a different set of wheels/tires on the car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    The ETACS is just for the TPMS.
    ETACS: Electronic Time and Alarm Control System
    Mitsubishi's unique electronically controlled system ETACS supports driver peace of mind and comfort.

ETACS is Mitsubishi's unique system that controls all of the vehicle's electrical components including the headlights, door mirrors, windshield wipers, etc. It provides peace of mind and convenience and supports driving by controlling all of the vehicle's equipment precisely in a variety of situations.
    It appears to do a bit more than TPMS. Check out the link for more info.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (11-08-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    It appears to do a bit more than TPMS. Check out the link for more info.
    Thanks for the link! I learn something new in here every day.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    So I ask for a return from the seller of this thing, and get this email back...

"Please see the return info provided on the other return request. However, this will absolutely work with the Mirage. If you'd like help getting it going, please shoot me your number and I'll have a support staff person ring you quickly."

Uhhhh..."help getting it going"?? An 18th century fur trapper could follow the instructions...IT JUST DOESN'T WORK!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    So I ask for a return from the seller of this thing, and get this email back...

"Please see the return info provided on the other return request. However, this will absolutely work with the Mirage. If you'd like help getting it going, please shoot me your number and I'll have a support staff person ring you quickly."

Uhhhh..."help getting it going"?? An 18th century fur trapper could follow the instructions...IT JUST DOESN'T WORK!
    Don't give up little fur trapper! Use the 'call a friend' card and (hopefully) they'll get you out of the woods. AND if they do, imagine the sales they can rack up here on this forum...

"With all due respect, sir, I believe this is gonna be our finest hour."

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hmmm...wonder where I can get some of what they're smoking?

Let them know that multiple people have failed to get this to work with the Mirage. And they might want to look at Amazon reviews. Now that your attempt has failed, I'm about to edit my previous Amazon review and lay it all out there. I was being too generous giving this thing 3 stars because I thought my situation was part of the problem.

I talked to their tech support and told them how those stupid blinking lights behaved when I connected it. The guy said something like "hmmm...it's not supposed to do that." Really...that's the extent of your support?!? I threw it back in the box and sent it back to Amazon.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Hmmm...wonder where I can get some of what they're smoking?

Let them know that multiple people have failed to get this to work with the Mirage. And they might want to look at Amazon reviews. Now that your attempt has failed, I'm about to edit my previous Amazon review and lay it all out there. I was being too generous giving this thing 3 stars because I thought my situation was part of the problem.

I talked to their tech support and told them how those stupid blinking lights behaved when I connected it. The guy said something like "hmmm...it's not supposed to do that." Really...that's the extent of your support?!? I threw it back in the box and sent it back to Amazon.
    Last night, I asked my girlfriend if I could try the MitsuReset on her car...just to see if it was something particular with my car that was making it malfunction. She has a '14 DE manual, and knew I was very frustrated by the damned thing.

"I assumed you already had tried it on my car, dumbass."

It's exactly what I expected her to say, and we laughed about it. Love that girl! It did the exact same thing on her car that it did on mine.

Blink....blink...blink...blink...blink....

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ...asked my girlfriend if I could try the MitsuReset on her car...
    ...She has a '14 DE manual
    ...It did the exact same thing on her car that it did on mine.

Blink....blink...blink...blink...blink....
    I was thinking that maybe there was a difference between the ES and DE programming. But now we can rule that out.

I just re-wrote my original Amazon review a few minutes ago and it's out there now. I gave it 1 star and said it doesn't work on Mirages. Maybe that will get the manufacturer's attention. It's hard to imagine that they ever tested this thing on a Mirage.

EDIT - I just noticed that someone posted a review on Amazon a few days ago saying that this device didn't work on their I-miEV.
    Last edited by Top_Fuel; 11-08-2016 at 01:29 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Cobrajet, did you try calling their tech support?