Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Sets of TPMS Sensors

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    So the C1900 code is set if you have an unregistered sensor, but is that code being stored...or is it generated every time the car starts and the TPMS system goes through its self-test? Based on everyone's experience, it sure looks like this code will clear automatically once you install the registered sensors back on the car (like your flat tire example).
    If one could Select "4tires ID Reg. (Change tire PRS.)" then this would work great. How is this done?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    If one could Select "4tires ID Reg. (Change tire PRS.)" then this would work great. How is this done?
    That's an option in the Mitsubishi scan tool which puts the car's TPMS computer into 'learn' mode. Then you 'trigger' 4 TPMS sensors and those 4 sensor IDs get saved (registered) into the computer.

If you don't have a Mitsubishi scan tool (or other high-end scan tool), you can put the TPMS computer into 'learn' mode by using a Mitsureset tool.

Cobrajet just bought one of these tools...so hopefully we'll know soon enough if it works!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

inuvik (10-27-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Got an email from the seller of the MitsuReset. Backordered for a week. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (10-29-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Interesting. That's what my car was doing...but it didn't take days to start flashing. I think mine came on after 15-30 minutes of driving.

Maybe it turns the light on after a certain number of miles or something. I'll have to see what it says in the service manual.

I have a very short 3 mile drive to work, so that may have something to do with that!

Also, just got around to calling back the dealer, and they said that the Mirage can indeed store two sets of TPMS IDs for winter and summer wheels. The Service Manager said the original sensors may have lost their programming from being out of use for an extended period, so I'll be going back down on Tuesday to have them take another look and possibly reprogram the winter set on my OE wheels.

Hopefully then I'll have it sorted out!
    Last edited by Cani Lupine; 10-28-2016 at 08:16 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cani Lupine For This Useful Post:

Eggman (10-28-2016),Top_Fuel (10-29-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cani Lupine View Post
    Also, just got around to calling back the dealer, and they said that the Mirage can indeed store two sets of TPMS IDs for winter and summer wheels.
    This is good to know.

The Service Manager said the original sensors may have lost their programming from being out of use for an extended period,
    This doesn't make sense to me. What programming do the sensors have to lose?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That, I don't know. I'll ask them for more detail when I'm there on Tuesday.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ...just got around to calling back the dealer, and they said that the Mirage can indeed store two sets of TPMS IDs for winter and summer wheels.
    Wow...that's huge if it's true. Sometimes Service Managers aren't the most accurate source of technical information...so believe it when you see it. It's not mentioned in the service manual or the owner's manual. But maybe there is a way to enable that functionality using the Mitsubishi scan tool?!?

The Service Manager said the original sensors may have lost their programming from being out of use for an extended period...
    Hmmm...I would be interested in hearing about this. If you read the novel I wrote in post #9, that was a theory I had for why my TPMS light came on after I didn't have any sensors near my car for a month. I think the ETACS expects an occasional TPMS signal even if the car is sitting still (the sensors send a signal every 13 hours if the car doesn't move). So maybe something happens after a certain period of time when no signal is received?!?

It's too bad the service manual doesn't really explain exactly how everything with the TPMS system works.

Be sure to update us when you go to the dealer!
    Last edited by Top_Fuel; 10-29-2016 at 01:21 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Alrighty, got the final answer.

For the US market, the Mirage can NOT store two sets of sensor IDs.

The option is there in ETACS, but it is not available, which means you need a TPMS reprogram each time you switch from summer to winter, or just deal with the dummy light, or reprogram ETACS/swap in a European unit, if that's even possible.

All in all, time and money wasted, but at least now we know!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cani Lupine For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-02-2016),Top_Fuel (11-02-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    For the US market, the Mirage can NOT store two sets of sensor IDs.
    ...The option is there in ETACS, but it is not available...
    That's a bummer. Thanks for the follow-up.

Hopefully Cobrajet's Mitsureset tool will work as advertised.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    So I got the VT30 today, and it says that three of the sensors from this seller...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191870630490...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

...ARE DEAD.

EDIT: This is a stand-up seller. I contacted Ebay and they offered a full refund for the three sensors that did not work. Plus, I didn't have to return them. They apologized profusely for the trouble. I'd buy from them again. Fortunately, a set of five sensors popped up cheap on Ebay from a seller in the States last week, and I bought all five just in case there was a problem with any of the ones I got from the seller linked above. All five of these sensors work fine.

Looks like I will be breaking three wheels down again to replace the bad sensors.

MitsuReset still has not arrived. Stay tuned...

Last edited by Cobrajet; 11-03-2016 at 10:00 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-03-2016)