Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Missing my Mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Comfort! I put 14350 miles in 3 months of driving it. The lower lumbar support is not existent. Makes you feel like you are in the fetal position. The headrest are way to forward and make your chin almost hit your chest if sitting more upright.. I am 5.11 and like to seat in a more upright position. The car was not comfortable. It was even worst for back seat passengers when I had them because of the headrest pushing your head forward. The ride got jittery in my 110 daily commute. The mpg was 39 for the life of driving it. I did have problems with the clutch shudder, gas cap cable broke and gear shift was not precised and at times rubbery in 2-3/4-5. I did love the handling and turning but on the highway and heavy traffic is not fun.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

True -can't beat the Mirage in this class if you're after ride comfort.

I find seat comfort to be very dependent on the individual. We had another member here say exactly the same thing about the Mirage's headrests (Foama)!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I test drove the Versa manual months ago....not good. Seemed almost primitive. The Mirage manual is superior, easy clutch and just smoother and more fun.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Can I ask why you traded in the iA? There is a former Mirage owner here who now owns one that thinks it is the greatest thing since sliced bread!
    I assume you're talking about me Cobrajet? Not exactly best thing since sliced bread, but it sure is a great car!! 44.4 mpg avg, sporty handling, crisp mazda manual shifter, peppy acceleration, plenty of room, pre collision braking system, back up camera, power equipment all standard and free scheduled services for 2 years, all for $14,004. It truly is an excellent alternative to other cars in its class. Also Toyota resale value!