Thread: OptimaYellowTOP

Country
    Denmark
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

OptimaYellowTOP

Hi guys, anyone installed an Optima YellowTop on their mirage? I used these batteries on my old cars and run 10 years with no problem. Actually more than the car itsself.
    https://www.optimabatteries.com/en-u...-cycle-battery
    Now, the poles are reversed so two questions.
    Is the wiring long enough it the pols face the front of the car so the pols are on the same side
    Is there enough space to put the yellow top in the car?

Good evening to you all.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    I haven't considered Optima for my Mirage but I'd sure be interested to know if one could fit as good as stock. It seems the stock battery size is not commonly available.

Hopefully, someone else here can chime in with their experience. You might be the tester for this. Let us know what you come up with.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You would want a red top battery versus a yellow. Yellows are more for RV or Boat application.

The top posts on the red top are pretty close to centered so even if you had to flip the battery its no big deal.

I have a "group 25" red top and it has been swapped between about 15 cars in the few years I've had it and not once has it "not fit"

If memory serves the positive is on the driver side when loaded too the back making it a direct fit. I don't remember how the mirage battery hold down works but making mount would be simple enough if needed

Honestly I wouldn't hesitate or put thought in it. They're fantastic batteries and well worth whatever trouble mounting one up takes.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    The stock battery is HITACHI 55D23L (230L x 171W x 225H), 420 Amps CCA

If the battery is located at the right side when you are in front of the car, then the slightly bigger YellowTop D35 (P/N: 8040-218) or RedTop 35 (P/N: 8020-164) rated at 620 Amps (CCA) and 720 Amps (CCA), respectively, w/ both having the same size of 237mm (L) x 170mm (W) x 195mm (H) can be used.

Name:  RedTop.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  38.5 KB

Name:  YellowTop.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  42.7 KB
    Last edited by Mitz; 11-02-2016 at 11:52 PM.

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    So, I had one on my other car, has 6 years on but still measures over 100% with a car battery analyser (While a new exide carbon measures 85% after 3 days ).
    The optima yellowtop can be installed easily, the battery connectors must be bend a little bit. The plastic case was also removed. Here is a picture. And yes, my wife complains that I do so much in a new car
    Name:  20161101_153012.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  98.5 KB

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    An interesting detail, I noticed an improvement in my sound system. Especially in low volume. Cannot explain why though