Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: What can we expect in the next [7th] generation Mirage? Micra platform Speculation

tea leaves

Some more tea leaves to read:

Nissan has confirmed they will assemble the new Micra (a.k.a. March) in Thailand (where the Mirage is built) under the Thai "Eco Car" program. This is the same program that the Mirage is in, where to qualify for manufacturing incentives the cars must be built with small displacement, fuel-efficient engines.

New Nissan March, next-gen Note will be Thai eco cars

The next step is to study and plan production for the second phase of development for new generations of the March and Note, including other small cars,” NMT marketing VP Sureethip La-Ongthong Chomthongdee told the Bangkok Post.
    Source: http://paultan.org/2017/01/18/new-ni...thai-eco-cars/

So that means both Mitsu and Nissan are building their city cars in the same country. That suggests the door is wide open for platform sharing.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-20-2017)

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    The micra is a rebaged Renault Clio..with the exterior and interior changes..
    in Europe it will be fitted with a 0.9 turbo engine...from renault

Mirage G4 SE
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    When I bout my 2015 Mirage ES me and my coworker had identical ones with Navigation(mine was Starlight Silver and hers was Infrared) and I didnt see any for months then a few here and there started poping up. Now I got my 2017 G4 SE in Wine Red just a little over a month ago and have only seen 1 G4, same color as mine but it is the base model. Altoona PA has a big Mitsu Dealer and you see Mirages and Mirage G4s everywhere I love it lol. Name:  IMG_7428.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  94.6 KB

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mirage ES Navi For This Useful Post:

inuvik (03-21-2017)

Mirage G4 SE
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This is my G4 SEName:  IMG_7996.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  99.5 KB

Also as you can see I added the factory bodyside moldings on mine that are for the hatchback but work just the same on the G4.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mirage ES Navi For This Useful Post:

inuvik (03-21-2017)

Mirage G4 SE
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    We love our outlander sport gt and our mirage g4 se. We have had our outlander sport gt for about 5 months now. It is a really solid feeling sporty looking Name:  IMG_5471.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  98.7 KBName:  IMG_5460.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  98.0 KBvehicle.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mirage ES Navi For This Useful Post:

inuvik (03-21-2017)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    This sucks. I won't buy a Micra. Bad fuel economy (in comparison) and it has the badge of a horrible company on it (Check out nissan.com and how Nissan tried to ruin a small business through internet bullying). No Nissan for me!

At least I have my 2015 Mirage! May have to get the wife one next year before they're gone.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.6 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shepd View Post
    Check out nissan.com and how Nissan tried to ruin a small business through internet bullying
    Help me out here because I can't find anything using the search terms Nissan internet bullying. Could you provide some links for further reading?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Help me out here because I can't find anything using the search terms Nissan internet bullying. Could you provide some links for further reading?
    This should be an unbiased reference:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan...issan_Computer

For more details (but a biased perspective):

http://www.digest.com/Big_Story.php

Basically, a man named Uzi Nissan opens up Nissan Car Company 37 years ago (When Nissan was Datsun in the USA). Being a tech savvy guy, when the internet rolls around, he registers a domain under his company name (nissan.com) and runs his business from there. He registered a trademark for his brand in 1995, before Datsun decided to turn lawyers loose on him.

Datsun decides they don't want to buy it and more than that, they decide they'll abuse courts to take Uzi's corporate website from him. Millions of dollars of lawyer fees later, the courts decide Uzi got it first, Uzi uses it legitimately for his computer company (that existed before Datsun even cared about the Nissan name) and Uzi can keep it. But they refuse to order Datsun to pay him for 98% of his lawyer's fees.

(Left Nissan Motors as Datsun above so you know which Nissan we're talking about)
    Last edited by shepd; 03-21-2017 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.6 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.0 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to shepd For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-21-2017)

Automotive News has published an interview with Hiroto Saikawa, the new CEO of Nissan Motor Co, which goes into more depth than we've seen so far regarding their plans for Mitsubishi:

Relating to this thread:

Nissan doesn't plan to offer Nissan vehicles to Mitsubishi to rebadge and sell as its own in North America. Nissan's experience with Renault shows that does not work if both brands are competing in the same market, Saikawa said. But Renault might consider supplying cars to Mitsubishi for sale in the U.S. because Renault is not a player there.
    However, the Micra isn't currently sold in the U.S., so does that statement still apply?

He also talked up Mitsubishi's future as a much bigger player in the U.S., going so far as to compare its brand potential to that of red-hot Subaru.
    They discussed Mitsu's AWD pedigree and hint at leveraging that.

Unfortunately, that also does not apply to the Mirage.

Full article is worth a look if you find this kind of speculation interesting:
    http://www.autonews.com/article/2017...utonews-weekly

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Daox (04-10-2017)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    If they don't ignore Canada, then Canada would still have a Mitsu based Mirage then... I forsee US buyers wanting to buy from up North, LOL.