Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: What can we expect in the next [7th] generation Mirage? Micra platform Speculation

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I should mention that I'm rolling on wider tires than OEM and also have that pesky misaligned rear axle issue. I'm sure both factors are negatively affecting my MPG. Doing my mixed city/hwy (60% city) driving, I'm averaging 39-41 mpg. I do not have a lead foot at all, but I do try to keep pace with traffic without pushing the car too hard, which is easy to do in the Mirage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    39-41 is excellent 60% city for a all gas non hybrid. My city is lower than that because I do a lot of idling.
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    When I get stuck in slow moving, stop and go traffic, I'm only getting right at 30mpg. I have to remind myself that's still great compared to what some vehicles get cruising on the highway.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Probably the more telling number than the in-car current trip reading is the MPG per tank combined with the percentage of stop and go driving plus MPH (or KPH) when cruising on the highway. I'm about 50% city streets / stop and go highway traffic and get in the low 40's during the summer.

Of course non of this has diddly to do with the thread, so sorry for the off topic reply

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    More chatter about the next gen Mirage:

An AutoExpress article published 4 Nov 2017 quoted Mitsubishi exec Vincent Cobee at the recent Tokyo Motor Show: “Designing and building a bespoke platform is expensive, and the margins in the small car sector are smaller. So are we looking to use Renault and Nissan platforms in that segment? The answer is yes.” Cobee stated that B-segment small cars made up “30 per cent of global demand” and it would be “extremely hard” to meet emissions regulations without a supermini.

AutoEvolution reported on 8 Oct 2017 that Renault's next gen B-segment Clio has entered the testing phase of development. Worth watching for next gen Mirage clues ...

Name:  2019-renault-clio-v.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  78.8 KB

2019 Renault Clio V prototype
    source: AutoEvolution.com

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tuques For This Useful Post:

Daox (11-07-2017),Eggman (11-06-2017),MetroMPG (11-14-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A Mitsubishi with Renault mechanical? That'll be a Mitsubishi to avoid.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    These are interesting days in Mitsubishi land!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Speaking of the Lancer, that platform debuted in 2008. And Mitsubishi still sells it. There is no guarantee we will see anything in '19 but a carryover model with the Mirage.
    Agreed, it wouldn't surprise me to see the current gen Mirage sold thru model years 2019 and 2020, maybe skipping one of those years like they did in 2016. Mitsubishi Motors CEO Osamu Masuko talks about alliance synergies coming into effect after 2020 in this Autonews article published November 13, 2017.
    Last edited by Tuques; 11-14-2017 at 07:20 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tuques For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-14-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Interesting quote (among many) from the article.

Automotive News: MITSUBISHI'S OSAMU MASUKO: Looking to bounce back fast

Quote Originally Posted by OSAMU MASUKO November 13, 2017 @ 12:01 am
    The problem is that when a new age comes, automotive companies have to dispose of something. When EVs come, we won't need engine plants.

This is going to be very big damage for us. But Tesla doesn't have anything to dispose of. Dyson too. They don't have anything to get rid of.

The person who doesn't have baggage is in a very powerful position right now.
    To me, this sounds like Mitsubishi will be trimming back their engine plants.

Buzzword count:
    Synergies: 3
    Alliance: 7
    Opportunity: 4
    Reinvogorate: 1
    Leverage: 2
    Enhance: 2
    Common platforms and powertrains: 3

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-15-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuques View Post
    Agreed, it wouldn't surprise me to see the current gen Mirage sold thru model years 2019 and 2020, maybe skipping one of those years like they did in 2016. Mitsubishi Motors CEO Osamu Masuko talks about alliance synergies coming into effect after 2020 in this Autonews article published November 13, 2017.
    if Mitsubishi wants to up their game and become a more relevant player in the market, They can't continue to rest on their laurels. By 2020, The current Mirage will seem laughably outdated. The motoring press thought it was already the case back in 2014 when it debuted in the USA.