Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: What can we expect in the next [7th] generation Mirage? Micra platform Speculation

Different drivetrains?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    The new Outlander isn't just a Rogue with three-diamond badge. Yes, they share a platform and a center stack on the interior, but it's not just like the days of GM slapping a different badge and body cladding on it. There's a lot more to it.

I mean the GS platform, of which the Outlander Sport is based, was also employed by the Jeep Patriot/Compass as well as the Chrysler Sebring. That doesn't mean that an Outlander Sport is just a rebadged Sebring.
    He means what's most important, the Nissan engine & Nissan Xtronic programmed CVT8 found in the new Outlander. There's no definitive data listed anywhere from Nissan or Mitsubishi but anecdotally it appears Mitsu INVECS III CVT programming does a better job in overall reliability vs Xtronic. Judging from the lack of consumer complaints of premature CVT failure in Mitsus vs Nissans. Granted Nissan sells a lot more cars but there isn't thread after thread of Outlander Sport owners complaining about cvt failure vs poor Nissan Rogue owners. It's just an educated guess but I think a lot of older pre 2022 Outlanders will have a better chance of hitting 200k miles cvt trouble free than Rogues. Who knows though really? It'll be a few years till we see just how reliable the 2022 Outlander is.

It's a perfect experiment: CVT failure rate in the new Rogue vs. new Outlander! Too bad we'll never really know the true answer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    The new Outlander isn't just a Rogue with three-diamond badge. Yes, they share a platform and a center stack on the interior, but it's not just like the days of GM slapping a different badge and body cladding on it. There's a lot more to it.
    I guess I don't get your point here? They share the same powertrain (engine) & same platform. I have no doubt they have differences just like Hyundai & KIA models do.

If someone really likes the Rogue, they should consider the Outlander. It's a very similar vehicle that comes with a better warranty.

On a personal level, none of this really matters to me. A CVT SUV is not something I would buy.

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I guess I don't get your point here? They share the same powertrain (engine) & same platform. I have no doubt they have differences just like Hyundai & KIA models do.

If someone really likes the Rogue, they should consider the Outlander. It's a very similar vehicle that comes with a better warranty.

On a personal level, none of this really matters to me. A CVT SUV is not something I would buy.
    The Chrysler Sebring and the Jeep Patriot shared the same engine, transmission, and chassis too, but that doesn't mean one is just a rebadged version of the other. That's all. Different interior, sheetmetal, tuning, etc. I'm just trying to say that it's not just a Rogue with a Mitsubishi badge slapped onto it. (Think how Suzuki rebadged a Nissan Frontier and sold it. This is not that scenario)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Technically, the Chrysler version of the engine is a bit different than the Mitsu one. The bottom ends are the same but everything on the top end is different.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    The Chrysler Sebring and the Jeep Patriot shared the same engine, transmission, and chassis too, but that doesn't mean one is just a rebadged version of the other. That's all. Different interior, sheetmetal, tuning, etc. I'm just trying to say that it's not just a Rogue with a Mitsubishi badge slapped onto it. (Think how Suzuki rebadged a Nissan Frontier and sold it. This is not that scenario)
    Rebadged vehicles have been around for decades. GEO models for GM. Former Ford & Mazda small pickup trucks and SUVs. Toyota's current Supra (BMW) is not strictly an all Toyota design at all.

No one would say a Sebring is a rebadged Patriot????

Some reviews seem to think the new Outlander is a vast improvement. The same is being said about the Rogue.

Does the new 2022 Outlander seem more like former Outlander or the 2021 Rogue? Does it matter?

I am not a fan of Nissan. If the new Outlander was designed with Toyota, I would be more impressed. Anything associate with Nissan not so much. That's just me. Others can feel otherwise.
    Last edited by Mark; 05-28-2021 at 08:50 PM.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Rebadged vehicles have been around for decades. GEO models for GM. Former Ford & Mazda small pickup trucks and SUVs. Toyota's current Supra (BMW) is not strictly an all Toyota design at all.

No one would say a Sebring is a rebadged Patriot????

Some reviews seem to think the new Outlander is a vast improvement. The same is being said about the Rogue.

Does the new 2022 Outlander seem more like former Outlander or the 2021 Rogue? Does it matter?

I am not a fan of Nissan. If the new Outlander was designed with Toyota, I would be more impressed. Anything associate with Nissan not so much. That's just me. Others can feel otherwise.
    I second this with extreme prejudice. Just having Mitsu outsource an AISIN transmission would be a dream.