Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Funny oil filter interchange story

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I would never trust a standard orange Fram although some of their higher end units appear to be of good quality. Honestly the new Supertechs are made by Wix so I would pick one of those any day over a basic Fram. You are probably talking about a different version of Fram as I don't think the cheap ones have the grippy texture on them.

Conor

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I get the cheapest ones, $3.77 today. I was supertech only for years, then Wally quit selling them so switched to next cheapest and grew to like the grip tape, haven't had to use the band wrench for years. Now that Supertechs are available I should switch back. I haven't had a oil related failure in anything for so long I don't think it really makes that much of a difference in oil/filter as long as you change them.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The old Supertechs were white. The new ones are black. I understand they are better than the old ones.

I agree that just CHANGING you oil and filter on time will cause your engine to outlast the rest of the car these days. Something else will give it up first. The same is likely true for most mowers. Something else will give it up first such as the deck rusting away.

Conor