Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Mirage ALIGNMENT ISSUE

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    If the steering wheel is a bit off centre, it's not nice, but not really an aqlignment issue. Alignment is how the wheels are set/positioned. If alignment is off, the car may want to steer to the side, cornering will be not optimal, tyres will wear off lopsided, etc. All not very nice to have.

If you search this forum, you will find one howto each about camber, caster, alignment
    (toe-in).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    If you have your alignment printout, please post it so I can add it to the spreadsheet of alignment specs.

The overwhelming majority of Mirage owners who have had their alignment checked have found that either the front or rear alignment was out of spec from the factory. It's always a good idea to get a 4 wheel alignment check...even if your car is new and seems to be driving OK.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    If the steering wheel is a bit off centre, it's not nice, but not really an alignment issue.
    Just to clarify...

A Mirage with an off-center steering wheel might be a sign that the car's rear axle has an alignment problem. Anyone who has a Mirage with an off-center steering wheel should get an alignment check as soon as possible to make sure the rear axle isn't at fault. Here's an explanation...

Last edited by Top_Fuel; 03-07-2017 at 01:37 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Mirage G4 SE
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I didnt think to ask for a print out. Mine only has 500 miles on it and thad this done yesterday. I did not want to drive 1 hr 30 mins to Mitsu dealer where I have it serviced so I took it to a tire shop in town I know and they did a $45.00 alignment and steering and all is dead center now. To keep the car straight you had to cock steering wheel left or it pulled right. I had my 2015 alignment checked the day I bought it. Now my 2017 G4 SE is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    If you have your alignment printout, please post it so I can add it to the spreadsheet of alignment specs.

The overwhelming majority of Mirage owners who have had their alignment checked have found that either the front or rear alignment was out of spec from the factory. It's always a good idea to get a 4 wheel alignment check...even if your car is new and seems to be driving OK.
    Last edited by Eggman; 03-08-2017 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Fixed quote

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mirage ES Navi For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (03-08-2017)

Mirage G4 SE
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks for the video that was neat!

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Just to clarify...

A Mirage with an off-center steering wheel might be a sign that the car's rear axle has an alignment problem. Anyone who has a Mirage with an off-center steering wheel should get an alignment check as soon as possible to make sure the rear axle isn't at fault. Here's an explanation...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    hey guys, just a quick update..i've been pretty busy and hadn't a chance to resolve this matter with the dealer yet, but i finally had enough and took a day off and spent it at the dealer regarding the rear alignment. The service rep stated that he never heard of the rear alignment issue but thankfully was able to verify the problem. (i forgot to ask for a printout of the alignment however). Anyway, they said there is a regional mitsu guy that they have to contact to see if this is covered under warranty and get the green light to replace the axle. I'm supposed to wait a few days and hear back from the dealer. I also had them check my front struts as a private tire shop told me that they found the front struts leaking fluid. For that, the dealer said that it was "hard to tell" if they were truly leaking and said it was "normal." However, they sent that request to the mitsu regional guy and they said he will make the decision on that as well. I actually clearly saw the struts leaking hydra fluid, but the dealer says "not really." Not impressed with the level of service i'm receiving overall from Mitsubishi Dealers, but I'll wait and see what this "regional guy" says and update you all.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eco1.2 View Post
    ...Anyway, they said there is a regional mitsu guy that they have to contact to see if this is covered under warranty and get the green light to replace the axle.
    If you read the Rear Alignment Problem FAQ, you know that it's not unusual for some dealerships to say they have never heard of the problem. I bet the majority of Mirage owners have no clue about it...unless they are on this website.

If you have under 60,000 miles on your car, there's no question the rear axle SHOULD be covered. See THIS post from a Mitsubishi rep.

If you get any resistance from your dealer, they need to contact the Mitsubishi Tech Line and talk to those people. They are very much aware of Mirage rear axle problems and can educate your dealer.

Keep us posted.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hey guys, Update!! So the dealer got the approval to replace the rear axle under the 5 yr / 60k factory warranty. I really want to say thank you to all the members and for this site as it was a big help before going to the dealer! It took them two days to replace the rear axle. I did notice improvements after driving it, but I still have to cock the steering to the left to drive straight. It's not as bad as before, but it's still not straight. When I picked up the car, the service rep gave me the before and after alignment readings, which I will post here. I noticed on the AFTER readings, the Rear Camber was in the red at 1.3 degrees. When I asked about that, the service rep said, that doesn't matter because the Toe is in the green. So now what should I do based on this?? First pic is before and second pic is after.Name:  IMG_20170525_211449885.jpg
Views: 740
Size:  93.4 KBName:  IMG_20170525_211616794.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  94.8 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Hey eco1.2 - congratulations on your new axle!

My axle was replaced due to camber issues. I can't advise if you need to pursue it further with your dealer or with Mitsubishi North America's corporate offices. I'm not sure if you've read through my Speck thread so I'll include links to the posts that might apply to you. 3dplane shared his insight on alignment and camber, and advised that I not go through with it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks Eggman! By the way, I thought they would replace the axle with one that can be aligned if it gets out of wack in the future, but it's the same axle. So how do we align it in the future? Have to pay to replace the axle? Sounds like I need to sell this car soon...

Last edited by eco1.2; 05-27-2017 at 06:08 AM.