Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage DE (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage DE
    silver
    cvt

Details

wellvisors wind deflector
    bi xenon projector retrofit headlights with 3.0 shrouds
    jdm carbon fiber painted license plate cover front and back
    plastidipped front and back emblem
    ralliart emblem
    evo led side markers
    all lights replaced with led
    2.5 fog lights wid led halo rings
    fog lights cover
    black matte exhaust tip
    evo tow hook
    rally armor mudflaps
    carbon fiber vinyl wrapped hood
    carbon fiber vinyl wrapped roof
    vox1 hd reverse camera
    aftermarket front lip
    plastidipped oem side skirt
    plastidipped oem rear skirt
    headlights and taillights trim cover

led dome lights
    led cargo lights
    wide angle rear view mirror
    1080p dash cam
    720p rear dash cam
    momo shift knob
    momo emergency brake handle
    momo pedals
    hud speedometer
    underdash led

after market generic 2 din android head unit
    350w boss 4 way speakers front and back
    200w boss tweeter

•  

k&n air filter

•  

ultra racing front strut bar
    godspeed coilovers

NS Series Wheels NS1204 Matte Black (NS1204 Wheels, 15" DIAMETER (15" x 7") [+38 Offset, 4x100 Bolt Pattern]

cquence drilled and slotted rotors
    metallic brake pads

tire size 195/50r15

Comments: 68 / Views: 52594
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Where do you get a after market generic 2 din android stereo with navigation

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ioriknight View Post
    Where do you get a after market generic 2 din android stereo with navigation
    ebay... theres a bunch of selection.. i prefer an android os since you can use and transfer programs from your android phone or tablet...i also bought the dash install kit...take note that these chinese 2 din radios from china are a little bit oversized so you have to grind your dash install kit a little..
    Last edited by flip096; 12-04-2016 at 05:24 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to flip096 For This Useful Post:

ioriknight (12-04-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    so this is a kinda lazy mod i did to power up my dash cam using the extra usb port at the back of my radio

requirements:
    usb cable 10 or 15 ft
    pry tools for stereo removal
    screw drivers, electrical tape, etc.
    crimping tool
    stereo with usb port

so for reference this is my car radio

1. position your camera to your preference
    2. ran the usb cable to the top inside the carpet on the roof. you can just push it in. i ran mine to the right side towards the right side dash panel then under the dash. just pull the side dash panel so that you can insert the usb cable to the side going under the dash.

3.this part is optional if you can buy a cable that doesnt sync or if your radio doesnt recognize your dash cam as external storage. since my radio recognized my dash cam as external storage , i have to cut the wire inside the usb cable that transmits data. you only need to cut the connection between usb data+ and usb data- since these are the ones that trasmits data to computer for file transfer or syncing. you only need the +5v and ground to power up or charge any usb devices. refer to the next image. measure the length before cutting usb cable. cut the data + and data - cable.

4. reconnect the +5v (red) and ground (black) wire. just choose you preference on how to reconnect it. i crimped mine and secured with electrical tape

5. onced done cleanup wirings inside the dash and plug it in the extra usb port of your radio. here is a pic of my setup after i installed it. it turns on every time i turn the ignition since my radio turns on every startup.

tip:

you can power up led strip with usb for interior decoration of your car. just be sure to put a rocker switch to turn it on or off. it will stay on while radio is on because the it gets power from the radio. you have to cut the power supply using a rocker switch.
    Last edited by flip096; 12-07-2016 at 04:37 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to flip096 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (12-08-2016)

Thanks for the write-up.

Could a person with the stock radio do the same thing with an extension of the stock USB port in the glove box?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You can probably use a USB condom to only pass power and not data

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Thanks for the write-up.

Could a person with the stock radio do the same thing with an extension of the stock USB port in the glove box?
    im not so sure if youre thinking of using a usb hub... i havent tried it with my stock radio..it might power up the device but it might cause problem with syncing or reading files from whatever you inserted to the other usb port like a flash drive. as far as i know, usb on car can only produce 5v of power assuming its a usb 2.0 connection.. so if you have a device that needs more than 5v of power then youre short of luck... however if the stock radio have usb 3.0 there might be a chance that it can produce 20v of power and it can power up 2-3 devices at the same time using a usb hub.. that's just my 2 cents..
    Last edited by flip096; 12-09-2016 at 03:30 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ioriknight View Post
    You can probably use a USB condom to only pass power and not data
    this was my first option but the thing here is I plugged it directly at the back of my radio and the length of the condom together with the usb will be around 2-2.5 inch combined... it might break or bend...this is an option if you plan to plug it on the usb port inside the glove box...i only did this to maximize the devices i can power up without messing around with the car's electrical system..

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I did. Didn't notice any problems. Not sure if I'll keep it that way, as I like using my USB port for music & audiobooks. I plugged it direct, no adapters.

Sounds like a new thread is in order.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I did. Didn't notice any problems. Not sure if I'll keep it that way, as I like using my USB port for music & audiobooks. I plugged it direct, no adapters.

Sounds like a new thread is in order.
    can you try using a 4 port usb hub or something that expands the number of usb ports and see if you wont have a problem with power output? im also curious how much accessories it can power up using an expansion on the stock radio.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Interesting question. If you ever try it, be sure to let us know how that works. Knowing USB ports are capable of only so much power, I'm not inclined to test the limits of my cheap car's radio. I suppose I could get some device to measure the power draw, but I don't have one handy.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)