Thread: Alarm triggered when cellphone left in car

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks

Alarm triggered when cellphone left in car

Hello everyone, I recently found out that the alarm would go off when there is a phone left in the car. It happens twice to me, at first I thought it was because I didn't close one of the doors properly but when I check, all the doors were tight, I only realize it when it happens the second time the next day, so I did a quick search on the internet and found out a few people actually experienced the same thing but on another car brand. Some say that the GSM signal was interfering the alarm. Does this ever happens to anyone else?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    I recall someone posting problems using the keyless system to start their Mirage if a phone lies between the key and the car transceiver. The 2015 owner's manual advises keeping away from devices that emit strong electromagnetic waves, such as cellular phones.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

inuvik (11-27-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    And another thing: I have problems if I leave the second F.A.S.T. key inside - it won't let me lock the car (which is a good thing...)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Bikerfreind
    Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    And another thing: I have problems if I leave the second F.A.S.T. key inside - it won't let me lock the car (which is a good thing...)
    I can lock my Mirage with the other FAST key indside, but i have to push 2 times on the lock key ..

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just take out the second key from inside the car as it would be more useful in case I needed to use it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I recall someone posting problems using the keyless system to start their Mirage if a phone lies between the key and the car transceiver. The 2015 owner's manual advises keeping away from devices that emit strong electromagnetic waves, such as cellular phones.
    Had the F.A.S.T. Key error a few times when I had my cell phone in the same pocket. Changed pocket for the cell phone and no more issues. I would definitely not lock your Mirage with the second key inside. A thief would only need to break your window, unlock your door and the car is theirs.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-27-2016)

Bikerfreind
    Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    I just tried it once to see if it where possible
    If a theif wants a car he gets it anyway no matter what, maybe yours maybe a nother, but he gets what he wants ..
    But i know what you mean ..