Thread: MetroMPG

Country
    United States
    Thanks

MetroMPG

Hey. Checked out the eco modder page. Good stuff. Now I want to buy a beater (aspire lol ) and tinker with it. I ain't doing it to my mirage ( black and chrome plus a payment lol )
    But is it safe to coast the cvt in N and then back to D like a type of pulse and glide? I've been doing it where I can and have seen about a 2mpg gain on the A average mpg on the MID.
    I don't wanna trash the cvt though... Thanks!
    BostonJellyBean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonJellyBean View Post
    Hey. Checked out the eco modder page. Good stuff. Now I want to buy a beater (aspire lol ) and tinker with it. I ain't doing it to my mirage ( black and chrome plus a payment lol )
    But is it safe to coast the cvt in N and then back to D like a type of pulse and glide? I've been doing it where I can and have seen about a 2mpg gain on the A average mpg on the MID.
    I don't wanna trash the cvt though... Thanks!
    BostonJellyBean
    Yes it's ok to do this. The CVT isn't like a traditional automatic where coasting in neutral is a no no. The owner's manual warns that placing the CVT in neutral as the same as placing a manual transmission in neutral. Obviously the engine needs to remain running while you are coasting.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

BostonJellyBean (11-30-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sweet. Ya I don't coast the car off. Just in neutral gliding. Like I'll quick up to 40 mph then go to n and coast down to 30 mph then d back to 40.. Or N down grades to B if I need to slow. I have the fast system. I HATE push button ign

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)