Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage G4 awarded Hispanic Motor Press subcompact car of the year (U.S.)

Mitsubishi Mirage G4 awarded Hispanic Motor Press subcompact car of the year (U.S.)

Name:  premio.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  35.4 KB

The Mirage sedan has won in the subcompact category for the 2017 model year. This is the 2nd time the Mirage has been recognized by the Hispanic Motor Press association (the first time was in 2014 for the debut of the hatchback).

Full press release from Mitsubishi:

2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 Wins Hispanic Motor Press Autos del AņoŠ Award /
    Mirage G4 wins sub-compact category in the 7th annual Hispanic Motor Press Awards

November 30, 2016 — CYPRESS, Calif.

Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) today announced that the 2017 Mirage G4 has been recognized by the Hispanic Motor Press as the best vehicle in the sub-compact category in its annual Hispanic Motor Press Awards. For the past seven years, the Hispanic Motor Press has recognized the best overall value automobiles for Hispanic families across a variety of categories.

The Hispanic Motor Press is comprised of content creators, influencers and journalists from all over the United States. The panel evaluates the safety, cost of operation, environmental footprint, total design, comfort and price of each vehicle to select winners in each category.

With approximately 250 vehicles to evaluate this year, the objective of the award is to select the best vehicle in each category, in order to help educate Latino families as they search for a new vehicle.

"The Mirage G4 keeps value top of mind and offers consumers efficiency, connectivity and reliability along with one of the industry's leading powertrain warranty at a price that makes sense to buyers shopping for a low priced car," said Don Swearingen, executive vice president and chief operating officer, MMNA. "We're thrilled to see the latest addition to the Mirage family getting this recognition in such a highly competitive segment."

A sibling to the well-established and popular Mirage hatchback, the 2017 Mirage G4 brings consumers an affordable, roomy sedan with environmental consciousness, agility, and connectivity through available Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™. The Mirage G4 utilizes the same powertrain and superior fuel economy as the 2017 hatchback, but is housed on a longer wheelbase allowing for impressive interior cabin and trunk space.

http://media.mitsubishicars.com/rele...-del-a-o-award

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well... People can say what they want.. But Mitsubishi has a good one with this car. Just like the lancer and eclipse. Now they need to bring back the mighty max.. Sans dodges crappy ass technology

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well deserved!

The Mirage got a bum rap in the auto press (especially the "buff" magazines like Car and Driver, etc.) who have lost sight of the common driver. To them,a car is a piece of junk unless it has a 400HP engine and can lap a track like a Formula 1 car with four doors. One review I read about the hatch when first introduced was "anything used" was a better choice than the Mirage. Poppycock!

99% of my driving is urban and short distances sot he Mirage is perfect for me.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mitsuko For This Useful Post:

inuvik (12-02-2016)