Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    So here's an SE at that same dealer...

Name:  SE_price.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  57.0 KB

Let's assume you are not military and you don't currently own a Mitsubishi. That means you won't qualify for $750 worth of rebates listed. The "real" cost of this car with dealer "doc" fees (which aren't listed) will be almost $14,000.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    So far about 3.5 hrs away, I found a 5 speed SE for $12,180 OTD (that was without Military discount). Not bad. But still inching closer to the $14,600 of the Corolla LE for me to take a dive. If I can get the $11,300 like Pryme, I am IN.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsrlee View Post
    Attachment 8876

SE 2017 at just over $10k
    If you happen to be near Cerritos, Ca
    Sounds like the deal in town. $10,150 OTD for a DE. The extra 2 grand for the SE is just a bit much.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djkenny View Post
    Sounds like the deal in town. $10,150 OTD for a DE. The extra 2 grand for the SE is just a bit much.
    But at only about 1200 more the SE. Is hands down worth it imo. It's just so much better equipped for my money it was for sure worth it.

I really like not fishing my keys out of my pocket to unlock and start this thing.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djkenny View Post
    So far about 3.5 hrs away, I found a 5 speed SE for $12,180 OTD (that was without Military discount). Not bad. But still inching closer to the $14,600 of the Corolla LE for me to take a dive. If I can get the $11,300 like Pryme, I am IN.
    But I bought TWO. So I'm sure that factored into the deal for them. If you can get one under 12k otd that would be a deal I'd take.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    But at only about 1200 more the SE.
    Agreed...and I don't even care about the push-button start. For me, the cruise control, fog lights, turn signal mirrors and adjustable driver's seat height are worth it. I sold my factory aluminum wheels to help fund my aftermarket wheel/tire purchase, too.

Yeah...you can install some of these things later...but at the end of the day you won't save that much money and you will have the grief of trying to retrofit stuff like cruise control. Spend the extra grand unless you really don't car about any of those things.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    But at only about 1200 more the SE. Is hands down worth it imo. It's just so much better equipped for my money it was for sure worth it.

I really like not fishing my keys out of my pocket to unlock and start this thing.
    Yeah, if it was $1200 more than the $10,150? I would buy it. In a heart beat. As it stands, now? It is $2000. I am not sure it is worth it since a Corolla with a super nice 138 hp motor, even better crash scores, quiet ride on the highway, more equipment (sans the fog lamps, but I could add them later... and the push button start/touch door thing is nice, but not really so big to me) is a mere apprx $2300 more. Once I get a $3000+ difference from the LE Corolla, I will Pounce. But if I get one, I want Cruise and the other things.. so an SE makes the most sense.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Work a deal with the dealer I bought from and fly In to Minneapolis, pu car drive it back. That northern route is a beautiful drive. And the dealer I bought from has a free lifetime powertrain warranty too!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-19-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Corolla holds it's value much better also...if you factor that in, this is a no brainer. Buy the discounted Corolla. Then No issues to contend with.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IwantaMirage View Post
    Corolla holds it's value much better also...if you factor that in, this is a no brainer. Buy the discounted Corolla. Then No issues to contend with.
    My ex-girlfriend's Mirage was rear-ended last summer, and while it was in the body shop she was given a 2015 Corolla S as a rental car. We both HATED it. It felt cramped inside, seemed heavy, ungainly, and large, had a poor turning radius, and didn't really accelerate any better than the Mirage. Sure it has 138 horsepower, but it also weighs 3000 pounds. Believe me, it doesn't feel as fast as the raw numbers would suggest it should. The Corolla isn't meant to be fast...and it isn't. It goes 0-60 in a hair under ten seconds (the CVT Mirage with half the horsepower takes 11.7).

She couldn't wait to get her Mirage back and be rid of the thing... Be sure to drive both and see which one you actually like better.

PS: I know it's a matter of taste, but am I the only one that thinks the front end on the '17 Corolla is hideously UGLY?? Looks like it has a damned snow plow on the front. And what's with the huge fake brake cooling ducts?

Last edited by Cobrajet; 04-24-2017 at 12:45 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-24-2017),Pryme (04-24-2017)