Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Traded after 2.5 years / 33k miles - regret buying this car

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I drove 7 hours each way just to buy a Mirage that didn't have license plate holes drilled in the front bumper...but I'm not right in the head.
    To add; they only have 1 of the 5 Speed models. I want to compare the colors a bit on the Lot.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djkenny View Post
    To add; they only have 1 of the 5 Speed models. I want to compare the colors a bit on the Lot.
    Man I doubt you will ever buy a mirage lol.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (04-28-2017),Gnarles2 (04-28-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    This is subjective promotion.

Regarding receiving 'more for the money' I don't want a heavier vehicle that will burn more petroleum and cost more to operate.

Regarding resale value, I bought my Mirage with the intent of driving it as long as I can. Selling any vehicle after a relatively short period of time will certainly lock in depreciation losses compared to driving it and making it last. With any vehicle purchase, depreciation is a factor but not as big a factor with the Mirage.

Regarding vehicle & component quality, I've seen some pretty cheap materials on Toyotas. So far, the Mirage has been a very reliable car for many forum members here. I don't recall any reports of someone getting stranded due to reliability. And don't forget Toyota's unintended acceleration problems of the recent past. Toyota's reliability reputation isn't as golden as some would make it out to be.

I don't understand - if you want a Mirage, why promote Toyotas?
    To each their own....the iA weighs just 2385 lbs...and getting 43.2 mpg average at this time.

I made the name IwantaMirage years ago when the car first came out. I have test driven the mirage 4 x...just couldnt pull the trigger due to various reasons and also many of the posts on this foum helped me make my decision. Im a huge fan of small cars and a 3 time Mitsubishi owner. I extol the virtues of cars as I see them. I am not blind to facts. If a car has issues I discuss it. If a car is good I discuss it. If Mitsubishi makes changes to the current Mirage and moves in what I consider to be a positive direction, I will revisit the car. I like to discuss the car and weigh the pros and cons on here as well as its competitors.
    If you cannot bear to hear other points of view, then you may feel free to block or kick me out of this forum. It isnt personal (at least for me) ...not sure why you "dont understand".

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IwantaMirage View Post
    To each their own....the iA weighs just 2385 lbs...and getting 43.2 mpg average at this time.
    I'm averaging upwards of 50 mpg in warmer weather with an affordable design uncomplicated with hybrid drive. This was a big draw for me.

I made the name IwantaMirage years ago when the car first came out. I have test driven the mirage 4 x...just couldnt pull the trigger due to various reasons and also many of the posts on this foum helped me make my decision.
    Ambiguous references - could you be more specific? I'll have to guess you focused on the problems. That's cool. Of course, it's your decision. For various reasons, most here decided for not against.

Im a huge fan of small cars and a 3 time Mitsubishi owner. I extol the virtues of cars as I see them. I am not blind to facts. If a car has issues I discuss it. If a car is good I discuss it.
    Which is reasonable and understandable. But correct me if I'm wrong in that it appears you have made your decision and chosen an iA. If you have made up your mind, why come back to a Mirage forum and criticize it? It suggests you have not really settled on your decision?

If Mitsubishi makes changes to the current Mirage and moves in what I consider to be a positive direction, I will revisit the car. I like to discuss the car and weigh the pros and cons on here as well as its competitors.
    You may be surprised to learn there's a lot of owners here who think it's pretty darn good as it is. Good thing for you there are lots of other choices available.

If you cannot bear to hear other points of view, then you may feel free to block or kick me out of this forum. It isnt personal (at least for me) ...not sure why you "dont understand".
    Hm. I don't think it's necessary to take the route of blocking opposing points of view, but as has been so eloquently put before, this forum is a gathering place for owners to help and support each other in their ownership of the current production of the Mitsubishi Mirage. If you would like to contribute to the support of this car, I think you'll find a more receptive audience here.

As a reminder, you can still get your very own Mirage. An iA, not so much. So much for the argument that Mitsubishi is abandoning North America. Looks like Toyota/Scion outdid Mitsubishi once again...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (04-28-2017),Gnarles2 (04-28-2017),MetroMPG (04-28-2017),Pryme (04-28-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    this forum is a gathering place for owners to help and support each other in their ownership of the current production of the Mitsubishi Mirage. If you would like to contribute to the support of this car, I think you'll find a more receptive audience here.

As a reminder, you can still get your very own Mirage. An iA, not so much. So much for the argument that Mitsubishi is abandoning North America. Looks like Toyota/Scion outdid Mitsubishi once again...
    All great points, but the iA is still available....
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Man I doubt you will ever buy a mirage lol.
    It is a pretty big deal for me to drop almost my life savings on a car. I am being very specific about my wants. This will be with me as long as my last car is my hope. 18+ years.

I think the Deals will be coming. Just not now.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    All great points, but the iA is still available....
    For how much longer?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djkenny View Post
    It is a pretty big deal for me to drop almost my life savings on a car. I am being very specific about my wants. This will be with me as long as my last car is my hope. 18+ years.

I think the Deals will be coming. Just not now.
    Spending every dime you have on a car is not a good move, take all the time you need so you don't make that choice.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    For how much longer?
    True. Now that it is the Toyota Yaris iA, it might have a longer life.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm averaging upwards of 50 mpg in warmer weather with an affordable design uncomplicated with hybrid drive. This was a big draw for me.

Ambiguous references - could you be more specific? I'll have to guess you focused on the problems. That's cool. Of course, it's your decision. For various reasons, most here decided for not against.

Which is reasonable and understandable. But correct me if I'm wrong in that it appears you have made your decision and chosen an iA. If you have made up your mind, why come back to a Mirage forum and criticize it? It suggests you have not really settled on your decision?

You may be surprised to learn there's a lot of owners here who think it's pretty darn good as it is. Good thing for you there are lots of other choices available.

Hm. I don't think it's necessary to take the route of blocking opposing points of view, but as has been so eloquently put before, this forum is a gathering place for owners to help and support each other in their ownership of the current production of the Mitsubishi Mirage. If you would like to contribute to the support of this car, I think you'll find a more receptive audience here.

I hope Mitsubishi never leaves N.America...Id like to own another Evo one day.
    If you read my posts you would know that I have sung the praises of the Mirage before...but I am also not blind to the issues (the very title of this particular thread for instance) and the problems the car has had. I buy cars frequently so I will continue to come and read posts and discuss it here. You dont have to approve.
    You should not be upset with different points of view. All cars have merit. However this Mirage isnt up to the level of quality of past Mitsubishis in my opinion.
    Ive been on this site since 2014 discussing the Mirage's pros and cons.