Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking at buying my first new car

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    upgrading your speakers, putting your metal collection on a memory card and play some quality tunes through the USB port in the glovebox. Metal rules.
    Haha did my name give away my musical tastes??? But definitely! Sound systems are seriously the only piece of "luxury" I want in a vehicle.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to XxMetalMartyrxX For This Useful Post:

Eggman (12-11-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Definitely at least sit in the other cars you are considering as cars can be a very personal decision. I bought this car because I placed a high priority on total cost of ownership, including fuel efficiency, mechanical simplicity/reliability, and practicality (hatchback). I can overlook a budget interior, a bit of road noise, and modest acceleration, although my manual feels peppy enough even on the highway if you keep the revs around 3.5k and up. I drive 20K miles a year so fuel efficiency, even compared to its rivals, begins to add up and was a factor for me.

I find the interior ergonomics good and have taken a 1,000 mile road trip and been just fine.

Most buy this car due to its pure value proposition, you will have to decide where that line lays with you.

I am very happy with my purchase, even if i do refer to my car as ''The Humbler''.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonJellyBean View Post
    Um I had Beethoven and Mozart playing the other morning. The modest base radio sounded pretty good
    Original headbanging music lol. While I haven't changed mine, I've read other forum members who report improvement just by replacing their speakers.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)