Thread: Front license plate mount

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Front license plate mount

Not sure if someone has figured this out or not. It turns out the Nissan Juke and the Mirage have the same thread and pitch for their tow hook.

Picked one of these up a few days ago and fits perfectly, a cheap investment to save drilling holes in your front bumper and still be compliant with law if the man requires a front plate.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272110301936...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Attached Images Attached Images  

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hatchbackkid82 For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (12-13-2016),inuvik (12-13-2016),Marklovski (12-13-2016),Top_Fuel (12-15-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I got one of those plate mounts as well. Mine was for the Scion FRS/Subaru BRZ. Fits like a glove. Been on the car for nine months now, out of state road trips and I've only had to retighten it twice. I might use some thread locker on it to keep it secure but I'm happy with it. Name:  IMG_20161004_101507.jpg
Views: 2225
Size:  96.6 KB

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Machiblue For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (12-15-2016),Daox (12-16-2016),Top_Fuel (12-15-2016)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    @Machiblue what light bar is that and what mount is underneath it? Is it custom?
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    @Machiblue what light bar is that and what mount is underneath it? Is it custom?
    The light bar is a generic eBay one. 20" in length 126W. The mount is a license plate bull bar. Just search on eBay or Amazon and it will come up. I have more pictures in my garage.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Machiblue For This Useful Post:

Marklovski (12-17-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchbackkid82 View Post
    Not sure if someone has figured this out or not. It turns out the Nissan Juke and the Mirage have the same thread and pitch for their tow hook.

Picked one of these up a few days ago and fits perfectly, a cheap investment to save drilling holes in your front bumper and still be compliant with law if the man requires a front plate.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272110301936...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Are you able to confirm that the nissan juke tow hook fits the Mirage? l've bought tons of license kits and had to send all of them back bc none fit...thanks

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    Are you able to confirm that the nissan juke tow hook fits the Mirage? l've bought tons of license kits and had to send all of them back bc none fit...thanks
    According to their profile page, hatchbackkid82 hasn't logged on in three years. I would be interested to see how it is holding up too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    According to their profile page, hatchbackkid82 hasn't logged on in three years. I would be interested to see how it is holding up too.
    I bought a Mitsubishi evo tow hook plate mount off xiotech.com....when l get it, 'll let you know if it fits l hope it does...most of the tow hook mounts l bought couldn't be returned so l'm losing money on this, when it should have been 1 tow hook mount...lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    The Mitsubishi evo tow hook plate mount off xiotech.com fits the Mirage...yay.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    The Mitsubishi evo tow hook plate mount off xiotech.com fits the Mirage...yay.
    That's good news. Now let's see some pictures of your work.

most of the tow hook mounts l bought couldn't be returned so l'm losing money on this, when it should have been 1 tow hook mount...lol
    I hope you can sell them and recover some of your money. That's frustrating too, because it's how cheap little projects get to be expensive little projects.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)