Thread: any U.S. national rental companies rent the mirage?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

any U.S. national rental companies rent the mirage?

looking to rent one in san diego. thanks by the way avis and enterprise are no go's

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 2,132 Posts
    Try Hertz.

Never mind! I checked their website and see that they have no Mirages listed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wow so hertz didn't renew for 2017?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,543 Times in 1,475 Posts
    Supposedly Budget rents them at some locations...

Book an economy vehicle, including the Ford Fiesta or similar economy car rental with Budget. Vehicle make and model is subject to location and availability. Similar make and models include the following: Fiat 500, Hyundai Accent, Mazda 2, Mitsubishi Mirage, Kia Rio, Chevrolet Sonic and Ford Yaris.
    Budget Link Here

EDIT - Here's a link to rent one in Dubai...lol...
    http://www.lowcostcardubai.com/dubai...subishi-mirage
    Last edited by Top_Fuel; 12-15-2016 at 01:29 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    yeah I think I talked to all three of those and yes one company use to rent the mirage but no more. Well we will see , maybe Ill try a local company.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Try Hertz auto sales. In central Florida they have 9 2015 DEs for sale but say on the website you can rent it for 3 days to see if you like the car. It won't have the improvements of the 2017 but still allow you to see if living with the Mirage is plausible. I'm almost considering doing this but they all have the CVT, which I have no interest in.

Curious that no one rents them anymore. Isn't that a bad sign that durability wasn't up to snuff?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,569 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carfreak09 View Post
    Try Hertz auto sales. In central Florida they have 9 2015 DEs for sale but say on the website you can rent it for 3 days to see if you like the car. It won't have the improvements of the 2017 but still allow you to see if living with the Mirage is plausible. I'm almost considering doing this but they all have the CVT, which I have no interest in.

Curious that no one rents them anymore. Isn't that a bad sign that durability wasn't up to snuff?
    I doubt it was a durability issue, most likely "the lack of power" issue. The Mirage is really an "old school" type of import. Inexpensive, efficient, not a lot of power, reliable. If you were a Geo Metro, Dodge Colt, first 3 generations of Honda Civic, Toyota Echo or Starlet etc.. owner then you most likely "get" the Mirage. If all you've ever driven or owned are bigger, more powerful cars then you'll most likely dislike the Mirage intensely. I love ours, but then again I'm a former 1987 Dodge Colt and 5 Geo Metros owner.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)