Thread: Ermine :: 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage DE (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Ermine
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage DE
    White
    CVT

Comments: 8 / Views: 5588
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Hello opencage and welcome to the forum.

Colorado's beautiful. We have some family in Denver and are overdue for a visit.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

opencage (11-27-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks! Yeah, it's great out here, we love it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.9 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.7 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to opencage For This Useful Post:

debburyl (11-28-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You run it West on 70 towards Vail yet?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ha, not yet, just got it Friday, and probably won't till next spring/summer. This is just my commuter. It's has handled I-25 in dry weather at 75-80mph well though.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.9 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.7 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to opencage For This Useful Post:

BostonJellyBean (12-23-2016),Mitsuko (12-23-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome!!! Colorado is very beautiful!! I grew up there by pikes peak! Been many years ago.
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Loving this car so far, great mileage, averaging around 42/43 mpg, which I don't think is too bad considering how cold it's been here, the first day I drove it back was warmer and I got 48 mpg on that trip.

I'm planning on keeping this for as long as possible, so I wanna maintain it right.

I need to write down all these things I wanna do and thoughts I'm having after reading a lot here. Most will wait till it's warmer and I have more money saved up.

First thanks to this community who've provided the vast amount of great info here.

In no particular order:
    1. Center console/armrest, doesn't need to be OE.
    2. Replace steering wheel with ES one and enable bluetooth/radio controls (I know I'll need to buy the module too) and cruise control. I've been reading the couple threads here about this, seems doable but a bit complicated.
    3. Repaint my wheels (steel) and get some decent center covers (suggestions?) so I don't have to use the plastic wheel covers. Black or silver, haven't decided yet, thoughts?
    4. Install foglights. The switch is on the column, hoping that combined with steering wheel BT/CC, the dealership can enable it all in one go... maybe?
    5. Have the rear alignment checked. This is happening very soon. I have about 2000 miles left till my next oil change, which is currently 5w30, so I'll be switching back to 0w20 (maybe help mpg a little?), meet the local dealer, bring in some donuts and start a good relationship. But I don't think it's too bad, no noticeable shaking at any speed, I've taken in up to 90 mph, about 5 mm or tread left at 27,000 miles which isn't great but not too bad (bought it from Hertz), carfax shows tires have been rotated twice, and no noticeable uneven wear, steering wheel is straight and the car tracks well.

EDIT:

6. And maybe an engine block heater...
    Last edited by opencage; 12-23-2016 at 08:07 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to opencage For This Useful Post:

Eggman (12-23-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Looks good in white and love the name!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks and thanks. Yeah, I like it too. I guess I would have preferred silver, but white was the best buy.