Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Am I wrong to think my dealer is a money grubber? He lost a sale of a new G4.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wmo168 View Post
    Take it to Car max and see how much they offer you...
    Normally I would tell someone not to bother with CarMax because you'll get low-balled. But if you look at the high prices CarMax is asking for Mirages, you might actually get a decent offer from them?!? CarMax prices are well above what Hertz is selling their Mirages for.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Member BillThompsonMirage-ES-CVT's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Normally I would tell someone not to bother with CarMax because you'll get low-balled. But if you look at the high prices CarMax is asking for Mirages, you might actually get a decent offer from them?!? CarMax prices are well above what Hertz is selling their Mirages for.
    This is how I use Car Max: Go to Car Max and get their offer on car you are trading in; then go to new car dealer and negotiate best price for new car; then have dealer appraise same car Car Max appraised; when dealer gives you lower trade in price than Car Max, show dealer Car Max offer; if dealer won't match, walk away. Has worked for me three times. Have to watch sales tax issue, depending on state you live in.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.4 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)