Thread: Stolen 2017 Mirage

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Stolen 2017 Mirage

Hey, we had a car stolen from my work on the 23rd from the south side of Edmonton, AB. Slim chance of it being found now but I figured this is worth a try. Especially since I'm likely a suspect!
    It's a pearl white 2017 cvt Hatch. last 6 of the vin are: 008471. Alberta license plate ending in: 2242. The number "50" was in white on the bottom lh corner of the rear window. (probably removed by now). It was only a week old. It had 185/60/14 sailun ice blazer tires on stock steel wheels. The keys were in it, so the column isn't gonna be beaten to a pulp. I hate thieves and this guy had balls! middle of the day during business hours in our busy parking lot with people coming and going constantly. Unfortunately it'll be tough to pick out this car cause we have so many that are exactly the same.
    If it's found I'll edit this post.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Eggman (12-29-2016)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,494 Times in 926 Posts
    Do you think it was a simple crime of opportunity, or did they know the keys are in the cars on the lot?

I'm leaning toward thinking it's a joy ride / crime of opportunity... Because what thief lusts after a Mitsubishi Mirage?? Not an aspirational crime.

I hope you get it back undamaged. Keep us posted!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage base ES 1.2 manual: 54.0 mpg (US) ... 23.0 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 64.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I think so to, probably just a bum looking for a ride. Around here superduty trucks are a favorite of car thieves for some stupid reason. There's usually one ad a week on kijiji posted by someone looking for their stolen truck.
    There's a bottle depot very close by and that brings a lot of interesting people pushing shopping carts down the street so I'm guessing someone just got tired of walking.