Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice for a used Mirage buyer?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ecoboxer View Post
    ...Makes it much more difficult for me to buy a car that is 12h40m away.
    I rented a car and drove 10 hours just to buy a Mirage without holes drilled in the front bumper for a license plate bracket.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I rented a car and drove 10 hours just to buy a Mirage without holes drilled in the front bumper for a license plate bracket.
    Your state doesn't require front plate?
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IchabodCrane View Post
    Your state doesn't require front plate?
    My state does require a front plate. That's why I had to drive to another state to buy the car...lol. It's just a pet peeve of mine. I haven't run a front plate on my daily driver for probably 10 years. They don't really enforce the law here and I've never been ticketed for it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kevhaw View Post
    I've been hunting too for the cheapest used Mirage I can get. They are all located very far from me. I've been using kijiji as a source. Every private seller has not responded to the email that I send that specifically asks about alignment. I ask if the car pulls to the left or right when the driver is on the highway. I ask if he has to constantly correct the steering to keep straight.

Some of these used cars have been on kijiji since November, so the fact that the owners won't engage with me is indicative that a problem may exist.

I'm just looking for the cheapest Mirage with a CVT transmission. I'd like cruise control, but can live without it.

Now, I did contact a dealer in Collingwood Ontario. Blue Mountain Chrysler. He has a couple of DE's with CVT and around 60,000KM for $9955 I believe. He did respond saying the alignment on his car was "perfect. We'll put it on our digital hunter rack for you before you drive out!"

This sounds like "fluff" and I'm sure he'd have a printout prepared ahead of time, saying that the alignment is spot on. I'm also sure he'd toss on a set of brand new el cheapo tires too to eliminate my using a tire tread depth gauge to check for uneven tire wear.

I'm very interested in hearing how things go for you! Good luck on your hunt for an SE Mirage.
    Here's my 2014 SE CVT at Thunder Bay Mitsubishi. I traded it for my '17 SEL. Mileage is at 70,000km.. The engine has only 44,000km on it as it was replaced under warranty @26,000km. This car has no alignment issue, proven by the factory Enasaves wearing perfectly and within 1mm of each other all around @70,000km with useable tread left still. This car gets amazing economy routinely achieving 4.4L/100km as advertised and as low as 3.4L/100km occasionally on my morning commute with normal driving.
    It has all available options for 2014 except the extra "aerodynamics" pieces.
    There is some paint damage on leading edge of hood from stone chips but nothing major.
    It was rear-ended at stoplight causing superficial damage to rear bumper cover which was repaired good as new.
    Dealer is asking $10,714.00 with new Enasaves on it and likely new brakes as well. I'm sure you could get it for less.
    They gave me $7,000.00 for it. I'm just posting this as it may be worth a look for you or to compare pricing at least.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to IchabodCrane For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-09-2017)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Here's another at same dealer..
    This was a driving school car so there's some curb rash on those nice aftermarket rims.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Will weld for beer.

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Bad news, the Mirage I wanted was bought by someone else

Finding another black SE will not be easy...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Don't get discouraged...the best cars always take a little longer to find.