Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: rear centre seat belt unit

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Sooo.... Why didn't your dealer replace it!?
    Safety equipment warranty should cover faulty seatbelts for at least 5 yrs no?

Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Ireland
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IchabodCrane View Post
    Sooo.... Why didn't your dealer replace it!?
    Safety equipment warranty should cover faulty seatbelts for at least 5 yrs no?
    He did offer to replace it.....but i would have to pay as i damaged it, it was the impact of the bags of feed that jammed it up so technically its my fault...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ellie67 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-08-2017)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I call bull****!
    As someone else stated you could've unbolted it or tried something to unlock it.
    Your dealer cut the belt without asking, explaining he was going to or getting a signed work order.
    "Technically" your dealer destroyed property not belonging to him. Tell him to fix it free or you'll file a police report and have him charged.
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ellie67 View Post
    He did offer to replace it.....but i would have to pay as i damaged it, it was the impact of the bags of feed that jammed it up so technically its my fault...
    Wow that must have been some weighty feed bags. How much did they weigh and how did your car handle it?

Some forum members here have removed their rear seats for cargo. I wonder if that's an option for you.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Ireland
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Wow that must have been some weighty feed bags. How much did they weigh and how did your car handle it?

Some forum members here have removed their rear seats for cargo. I wonder if that's an option for you.
    they were fairly weighty alright, 5 x 25kg bags in a 3 and 2 stack. drove great though it was very steady! so this morning i got a mechanic to strip it down, and here's what we have: (see attachments)
    Attached Images Attached Images      

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ellie67 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-09-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    It's unfortunate your dealer cut the belt before giving you a chance to take a look at the mechanism. I don't know what the laws are in Ireland, but he may have been required to do that to permanently disable a non-functioning safety belt.

Have you found a source for the replacement unit?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Ireland
    Thanks
    No, not yet, although i've made countless enquiries. Most of the ones in the US are not available for shipping to europe so i'll keep looking for now. Thanks guys......also i think that the dealer cutting it wasn't an act of malice really, he was adamant that the unit should be replaced as a safety issue. Maybe if i hadn't told him i damaged it myself it would have been a warranty replacement...'ll never know!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ellie67 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-09-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Well in any case, stay in touch and let us know how everything turns out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ellie67 View Post
    ...Most of the ones in the US are not available for shipping to europe so i'll keep looking for now.
    I don't know how long it takes to ship something from the US to Ireland...but if that's what it takes you can have a US supplier ship it to me and I'll send it over to you.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Ireland
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I don't know how long it takes to ship something from the US to Ireland...but if that's what it takes you can have a US supplier ship it to me and I'll send it over to you.
    You're very kind to offer to do that, if i can't sort something in the next few days i'll come back to you. Thanks again 😊