Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: rear centre seat belt unit

Country
    Ireland
    Thanks

rear centre seat belt unit

we've had a bit of a mishap....i loaded some heavy sacks of animal feed into the boot of my 2013 Spacestar (with the seats folded forward) however something happened and the middle seat belt jammed solid, didn't matter what we did, it wouldn't free up so it was tight against the seat, rendered useless! i took it to our dealer and he said as a matter of safety, the whole unit should be replaced, and promptly cut the belt in two! So my dilemma is now.....it's due for it's NCT, (Irish car test) where will i find a replacement unit? will it have to come from the main dealer or can anyone else offer any advice on a used one or replacement part? Thanks in advance!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Looks like you need #3 (part number 7000D800XA) in the diagram below. This place isn't the cheapest, they just had the best parts diagram...

Name:  center.jpg
Views: 2411
Size:  56.3 KB
    Last edited by Top_Fuel; 01-06-2017 at 07:08 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Ireland
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Looks like you need #3 (part number 7000D800XA) in the diagram below. This place isn't the cheapest, they just had the best parts diagram...

Name:  center.jpg
Views: 2411
Size:  56.3 KB
    thanks for your help, i'm on the case now. Going seat belt shopping!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ellie67 View Post
    where will i find a replacement unit? will it have to come from the main dealer or can anyone else offer any advice on a used one or replacement part? Thanks in advance!
    Are there any scrapyards there? Used parts can be had for much less.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Ireland
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Are there any scrapyards there? Used parts can be had for much less.
    Just can't get them here....looked everywhere!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It's somewhat rotten that your dealer cut the belt rather than unbolt the assembly to relieve tension and get things working again.

There are not a lot of these models out there. I wonder if there are any other model cars that use this part?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

flatbroke (01-07-2017)

Country
    Ireland
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    It's somewhat rotten that your dealer cut the belt rather than unbolt the assembly to relieve tension and get things working again.

There are not a lot of these models out there. I wonder if there are any other model cars that use this part?
    I don't know, i'm getting pretty miffed now at this stage, no one seems to be able to help or even be the slightest bit interested only you guys on here! i just spoke to a guy in Dublin and he said he had no idea yet his website claims to be the biggest mitsubishi spares dealer in ireland!! And yes, it was rotten of the dealer to cut the belt.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That part is internal to the reae seat isn't it? What do you do to change it? Remove the cover?

When you get the new one in hand keep in mind it will not budge until its held in the proper position in relation to earth. (rollover protection?)

Edit: to clarify, if you remove a working one, hold it sideways and pull, it will lock indefinitely until its held upright again ( which is what caused your issue it sounds like)

I would go back to the dealer as eggman suggested if you removed the lower bolt and flipped the seat up it probably would've worked just fine
    Last edited by MightyMirageMpg; 01-07-2017 at 01:05 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Even if you are out of the base warranty period you should be able to get some help from Mitsu on this if you complain to the right people. Start with the service manager at the dealer or the general manager and work your way up the ladder. It's a very new car and a safety item. Good luck!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMirageMpg View Post
    I would go back to the dealer
    I agree except that the dealer thinks they did a favor by damaging her (her? just guessing at gender here) car. I would be inclined to speak with the manager about this and get them to replace what they cut, but I doubt that would go very far. I wonder if another dealer would be more helpful? I don't know how many Mitsubishi dealers there are there.

Hey ellie67, have you reached out to any local mechanic shops? They might have some insight for you.