Thread: Winter Driving Review

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Winter Driving Review

I have owned the 2017 Mirage for a week now. The day after we bought the car, it snowed like crazy, warmed up, re-froze, and snowed again and the temps have been in the teens last 3 days here in the snow belt in NE Ohio. We have had no issues starting the car in sub-freezing or single digit temps. This Mirage has the stock all-season tires on it and we have had no issues driving on the snow covered roads. One morning we were pushing snow with the front bumper and the car did outstanding.

Since I just got the car Monday I did not have a chance to get it rust treated, but it will get done soon. I have a 96 Metro that was rust free and we drove it 2 winters before storing it the last 3 winters, but it's been rust treated (oil/mineral spirits) annually since we got it.

The traction control came on once when trying to get out of the very end of the driveway where the snow plow buried the entrance. During normal driving the traction light never came on. We can drive safely on snow packed roads 40- 45 MPH and the car stops well in the snow. So well our anti-lock brakes have yet to activate.

The heater in the car keeps the cabin very warm. Warm-up times from dead cold are very short and heat seems to start coming from the vents very quickly. If traveling more then 10 miles or so, you may even need to turn the heater controls down some, so no complaints there.

Visibility at night during snowfall is also good. The low beam headlights seem to have a cut-off level and the blowing snow does not bother you much. The high beams are very bright and really light up the road, but not so good during whiteouts. I am planning on adding driving lights soon.................

Very happy with our purchase of this car!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Johnny Mullet For This Useful Post:

2of9 (01-09-2017),Car Nut (01-09-2017),Cobrajet (01-09-2017),inuvik (01-08-2017),MetroMPG (02-13-2017),Mitsuko (01-09-2017),poorman1 (01-09-2017),Top_Fuel (01-08-2017)