Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weird Screech When Driving Through Water?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I noticed my car doing the exact same thing recently after we had 25cm of snow and then a warmer day where large puddles appeared. Ive had mine since the summer and have driven through puddles in the summer and not had the noise happen, so maybe it's a winter weather noise as opposed to all seasons? No idea.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jennkuhn View Post
    I noticed my car doing the exact same thing recently after we had 25cm of snow and then a warmer day where large puddles appeared. Ive had mine since the summer and have driven through puddles in the summer and not had the noise happen, so maybe it's a winter weather noise as opposed to all seasons? No idea.
    I'm in Southern Ontario, we're definitely looking at the same crappy weather haha. It's good to know its consistent and not just my car.

I do agree, by the way. I drove it cross country in the summer and definitely through a couple rainstorms without that noise. I put on winter tires so that is a definite difference between the seasons. Do you too? The water being more viscous because it's colder might also be a factor.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Sure! All puddles are a threat to any car, if you don't know the depth (behold the voice of experience...) The Mirage is not the only car to suffer this problem.

Well, I wouldn't say the Mirage was designed for tropical climates. It is considered a World Car design, if I recall Mitsubishi announcements correctly.
    They can say what they want, but it was designed first with a market in mind, released first there, and then begrudgingly brought over because the stars aligned. It was definitely designed for the home climate, and then retrofitted for ours hahaha

Had a bad run in with a pot-hole there Eggman? haha

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spadesheart View Post
    I'm in Southern Ontario, we're definitely looking at the same crappy weather haha. It's good to know its consistent and not just my car.

I do agree, by the way. I drove it cross country in the summer and definitely through a couple rainstorms without that noise. I put on winter tires so that is a definite difference between the seasons. Do you too? The water being more viscous because it's colder might also be a factor.
    I do not have winter tires so it must be a cold weather thing. I'm just glad I'm not alone because I was freakignout when it happened the other week

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spadesheart View Post
    They can say what they want, but it was designed first with a market in mind, released first there, and then begrudgingly brought over because the stars aligned. It was definitely designed for the home climate, and then retrofitted for ours hahaha

Had a bad run in with a pot-hole there Eggman? haha
    Oh, yes. The wrecker driver didn't want to come out because he knew how bad that place was. I was four-wheeling in my CJ7. Tough lesson.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)