Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Car & Driver: 2017 Mirage GT CVT review - "Mitsubishi has lost its mojo"

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    NO economy car makes sense in it's top-spec form.
    100% agreed.

I do agree with the article about the 'GT' not being a "GT" but what do you expect? The Mirage is still in it's own niche class. I do wish someday, Mitsubishi revives at turbocharged Mirage some day. Even if it only has 110-130hp, a turbocharged Mirage would be fun.

"It seems reasonable to predict that at least 95 percent of the Mirages sold—if not all of them—will never receive proper maintenance and cosmetic upkeep. Ever. Why? Because we bestow proper care on vehicles that we love. And it’s difficult to see this car as an object of anyone’s affection."

^ this is a pretty lame statement. For 98% of the driving population, most people don't even bring their cars in for routine maintenance.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 2of9 For This Useful Post:

BostonJellyBean (01-12-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  20170112_060425.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  89.2 KB
    23 mile commute into work today.
    Car and driver... Let me know when Toyota Honda and government motors catches up.. In the NON HYBRID segment...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by 2of9 View Post
    For 98% of the driving population, most people don't even bring their cars in for routine maintenance.
    What am I missing here? One of the big selling points of the Mirage is the longest warranty in the business.

But if you don't do the scheduled maintenance, you void the warranty, no?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am of the belief that C&D, Motor Trend, Road&Track, etc. are subsidized by Honda, Lexus, BMW and Audi. They seem to never do anything wrong. Everyone else is nitpicked.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mitsuko For This Useful Post:

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    As an enlightened or at least adoring Mitsubishi Mirage '14 driver, and as one who loves cars the way some people love mythology, I say, "Since when did Car & Driver become the arbiter of all things good?"

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    What am I missing here? One of the big selling points of the Mirage is the longest warranty in the business.

But if you don't do the scheduled maintenance, you void the warranty, no?
    Warranty is pretty solid here in the states. Not sure if it's the same in Canada? But from what I'm reading on the Mitsubishi Warranty page, warranty isn't voided if I don't do the scheduled maintenance that Mitsubishi recommends. I do my own oil changes. At least it doesn't specify that. When I got my Mirage, I remember the sales guy telling me that the powertrain warranty covers anything internal(any moving parts inside the engine, transmission that fails, is covered), but anything external, like a sensor or anything like that, is not covered. But, I do have the 5 year bumper-to-bumper coverage as well.

I love the warranty. Seriously, a peace of mind when I drive it. Maybe I worded it wrong, but I was trying to say that most people out there don't pay attention to the usual maintenance, like changing oil, tire rotation and balancing, etc...the 'easier' things to do.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    You can change your own oil and maintain the warranty, but you have to document and save the receipts.

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/article...ne-maintenance

10. The Following User Says Thank You to roosterk0031 For This Useful Post:

2of9 (01-12-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonJellyBean View Post
    I'm Glad my cars start every day. People are so snobbish today.
    I was in the back bay and beacon hill neighborhoods of Boston today.
    Bmw Mercedes etc all parked on the streets all dinged up.
    Why are you paying 50k to have a vehicle that just sits and gets trashed in cramped urban hoods? Keeping up with the Jones. It's a sick disorder Americans have. Oh and the big fancy houses in the suburbs look good out front.. Let me clue you in.. The back yards are almost always trashed and full of junk. Keeping up with the Jones. I'm not keeping up with anyone ... But myself
    Loved your post!! That's so true!! People follow the jones next door instead of being smart and Buying a Mitsubishi that are ALL priced much lower then All these cars out there !!! My New Outlander SE was about 10,000 less then a Huyandai SUV. So we are the Smart ones with Brains!!
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to debburyl For This Useful Post:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by debburyl View Post
    Loved your post!! That's so true!! People follow the jones next door instead of being smart and Buying a Mitsubishi that are ALL priced much lower then All these cars out there !!! My New Outlander SE was about 10,000 less then a Huyandai SUV. So we are the Smart ones with Brains!!
    Exactly. I've always bought very used cars. The 15 was my first note.. The 17 was really my first brand new car. Screw paying Honda or toyota

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BostonJellyBean For This Useful Post:

debburyl (01-13-2017)

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    I think these reviewers should be smart enough to know the product and do some research when they review a car. First of all, they should know the equipment levels available and judge what is worth and what is not. I was totally fine with:
    - "This version right here is total bullsh*t, this is no 18k car! But, if you are ok with losing some of the equipment, you can get a very reasonable priced vehicle!".

Then you have the teenager girl scream:
    - "O.M.G. cheap plastics, omg steering play, omg so slow, omg 80 hp 3 cilinders really?!?! omg you can't love this car!"

In my opinion, most humans are spoiled little brats. 99% of the population don't need more than the Mirage has to offer. Really why road legal cars do more than 120kph? (limit on Portuguese roads)

I have a 1990 mazda mx5, my childhood dream, god of handling machine. I test drove a peugeot 208, although beautiful if wasn't for me because of the sitting position. When i set on the Mirage i was totally fine. It is a roomy, economical, comfortable little car

And you know why i liked it so much?
    It is simple, it does what is meant to and it does it brilliantly!

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to andrefsbispo For This Useful Post:

BostonJellyBean (01-16-2017),CLARK (01-16-2017),Daox (01-17-2017),debburyl (01-16-2017),Eggman (01-16-2017),inuvik (01-16-2017),MetroMPG (01-16-2017)