Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Car & Driver: 2017 Mirage GT CVT review - "Mitsubishi has lost its mojo"

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    What am I missing here? One of the big selling points of the Mirage is the longest warranty in the business.

But if you don't do the scheduled maintenance, you void the warranty, no?
    You have to do the required maintenance to expect warranty but you do not have to have it done by the dealer.

Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

That's what I thought.

Which invalidates the reason for buying a new car with a long warranty if you're not planning on maintaining it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by andrefsbispo View Post
    I have a 1990 mazda mx5, my childhood dream
    I just got one too! Same year. Fun machine.

Mirage i was totally fine. It is a roomy, economical, comfortable little car

And you know why i liked it so much?
    It is simple, it does what is meant to and it does it brilliantly!

Oh - you should make a garage page for your cars:

Garage empty: add car

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I just got one too! Same year. Fun machine.

Oh - you should make a garage page for your cars:

Garage empty: add car

i was awaiting to go grab my Space Star from the dealer at the end of the month to make my garages
    but i guess i can make my mx5's

Oh my mx5 has 90k kms (56k miles), and i drove it everyday for about a year an half, no problems at all. One of the reasons to get the Space Star, was to avoid getting unnecessary miles on the miata.

EDIT: Done garage for the mx5 take a look
    Last edited by andrefsbispo; 01-16-2017 at 05:21 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to andrefsbispo For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-16-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think these reviewers should be smart enough to know the product and do some research when they review a car. First of all, they should know the equipment levels available and judge what is worth and what is not. I was totally fine with:
    - "This version right here is total bullsh*t, this is no 18k car! But, if you are ok with losing some of the equipment, you can get a very reasonable priced vehicle!".

Then you have the teenager girl scream:
    - "O.M.G. cheap plastics, omg steering play, omg so slow, omg 80 hp 3 cilinders really?!?! omg you can't love this car!"

In my opinion, most humans are spoiled little brats. 99% of the population don't need more than the Mirage has to offer. Really why road legal cars do more than 120kph? (limit on Portuguese roads)

I have a 1990 mazda mx5, my childhood dream, god of handling machine. I test drove a peugeot 208, although beautiful if wasn't for me because of the sitting position. When i set on the Mirage i was totally fine. It is a roomy, economical, comfortable little car

And you know why i liked it so much?
    It is simple, it does what is meant to and it does it brilliantly!
    Amen to your Post!!!!! I drive for a living and people Drive like idiots!!!If you don't Burn Rubber from the Stop sign they Blow there horn at you. That's why the consumer reports cut down the Mirage Because it don't Burn rubber from a stop sign and do 150 mph in 3 seconds!! The car simply isn't designed to do that!!
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to debburyl For This Useful Post:

BostonJellyBean (01-16-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by debburyl View Post
    Amen to your Post!!!!! I drive for a living and people Drive like idiots!!!If you don't Burn Rubber from the Stop sign they Blow there horn at you. That's why the consumer reports cut down the Mirage Because it don't Burn rubber from a stop sign and do 150 mph in 3 seconds!! The car simply isn't designed to do that!!
    Yup. Some jack ass in a Camry almost ran me off the road running a turn light and some BMW jackass illegally passed me on the left . When I pulled up next to him in the turn lane at the next light, I rolled down the window, called him a loser, and went about the rest of my drive home. I live in a very affluent town with only 19k people. A lot of old dirty money here.
    They own mostly bmw, mercedes, porche, audi, vw, and Volvo.
    I just laugh at them and their cars. I wonder what it's like to be so obnoxious and so miserable just trying to keep up with the neighbors.
    But it's one of the safest towns in Massachusetts so that's why I pay to live here.
    I grew up in a very bad urban city. I hate urban cities, urban hoods, urban everything.
    I drive into Boston daily to make the most money I can at my career choice, and leave the urban urchins to their miserable lives. I will never live like that again. I will never live in a ghetto again either.
    Oh, and I like the pace the mirage keeps. Makes me realize how much negative impact I really was having on the earth

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BostonJellyBean For This Useful Post:

daleWV (01-18-2017),debburyl (01-17-2017)

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonJellyBean View Post
    But it's one of the safest towns in Massachusetts so that's why I pay to live here.
    I grew up in a very bad urban city. I hate urban cities, urban hoods, urban everything.
    I drive into Boston daily to make the most money I can at my career choice, and leave the urban urchins to their miserable lives. I will never live like that again. I will never live in a ghetto again either.
    +1
    I hate living in the middle of the mess of the big cities. The other day, i had to pass on a sidewalk in Lisbon city centre at rush hour traffic, and i could barely breath! When i have the money i will try to buy a house far from all that lack of education and stupidity... But that brings all sort of traffic problems
    Space Star 1.2 2017 =>

Mazda MX-5 1990 =>

11. The Following User Says Thank You to andrefsbispo For This Useful Post:

BostonJellyBean (01-18-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You have to be. Careful of what u say these days, so I would just stop look at them smile and wave and Make them look dumb!! So be the smart one and don't get beat up! But Mirage on
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    +1
    I hate living in the middle of the mess of the big cities. The other day, i had to pass on a sidewalk in Lisbon city centre at rush hour traffic, and i could barely breath! When i have the money i will try to buy a house far from all that lack of education and stupidity... But that brings all sort of traffic problems
    I hate It but that's where the $$ is

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by debburyl View Post
    You have to be. Careful of what u say these days, so I would just stop look at them smile and wave and Make them look dumb!! So be the smart one and don't get beat up! But Mirage on
    Lol. I repossessed cars from the gangs in the Boston hoods.
    And did illegally parked towing
    Not a man alive scares me.
    Society needs a little whipping every now and then bwahahahaha. In the meantime, I continually see 40+ on the instant in the 17. Those suckers can keep wasting precious commodities.
    Speaking of... Those same BMW dopes use WAY to .much #2 fuel oil every month. Some use 400 gallons or more. Gross