Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The infamous hill holder on the '17 (how to disable)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IchabodCrane View Post
    Yeah funny thing about intrusive safety features, they are usually introduced where they are needed most, then trickle down to everyone else once proven (?)
    Incorrect.
    Technology companies lobbied insurance companies on the farce technology.
    Trucks are the lab rats because we run more miles in a day then the average driver drives in 2 weeks to a month.
    He'll.. 18 months otr I ran almost 200 k miles.
    It takes you 10 years or more to do that.
    And ps. 4 wheeler operators need the technology way more than trucks.. Should i find some old dash can footage from when I was otr?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IchabodCrane View Post
    Yeah funny thing about intrusive safety features, they are usually introduced where they are needed most, then trickle down to everyone else once proven (?)
    Incorrect.
    Technology companies lobbied insurance companies on the farce technology.
    Trucks are the lab rats because we run more miles in a day then the average driver drives in 2 weeks to a month.
    He'll.. 18 months otr I ran almost 200 k miles.
    It takes you 10 years or more to do that.
    And ps. 4 wheeler operators need the technology way more than trucks.. Should i find some old dash can footage from when I was otr?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Did they change the Hill Start Assist in 2017 model? Mine works absolutely fine. There is a slight clunky sound (I can barely hear it) as it releases, but nothing else. It should release immediately if you touch the accelerator.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RodeRoNL For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-16-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am not sure as it is the 1st year they put it on the 5mt in the US.
    I can't stand it but Mitsubishi won't disable it so one of two things will happen. I will get rear ended by some impatient prick or when it doesn't release again, it'll crunch the brakes again. I have it documented now so at this point I could care less...
    It is a shame this world has come to what it has.
    I personally cannot wait for all the technology lovers to be bit in the ass.
    Think Mexico took their jobs... Nope.. The robots did.. And you wanting 15 an hr for minimum wage jobs.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RodeRoNL View Post
    Did they change the Hill Start Assist in 2017 model? Mine works absolutely fine. There is a slight clunky sound (I can barely hear it) as it releases, but nothing else. It should release immediately if you touch the accelerator.
    Thanks for posting this. Reading information from Mitsubishi, I thought it would release with accelerator input. But BostonJellyBean and daleWV say otherwise. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonJellyBean View Post
    I am not sure as it is the 1st year they put it on the 5mt in the US.
    I can't stand it but Mitsubishi won't disable it so one of two things will happen. I will get rear ended by some impatient prick or when it doesn't release again, it'll crunch the brakes again. I have it documented now so at this point I could care less...
    May this never happen to you or anyone else.

It is a shame this world has come to what it has.
    I personally cannot wait for all the technology lovers to be bit in the ass.
    Think Mexico took their jobs... Nope.. The robots did.. And you wanting 15 an hr for minimum wage jobs.
    I understand your frustration, but do you really believe this?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Thanks for posting this. Reading information from Mitsubishi, I thought it would release with accelerator input. But BostonJellyBean and daleWV say otherwise. Go figure.

May this never happen to you or anyone else.

I understand your frustration, but do you really believe this?
    Ever pick up at AB InBev ( Anheuser-busch new owners from some foreign country )
    They fired the slow union dock workers, and automated the factory and docks. The robots are SLOWER than the old slow union workers. So yes.. I've traveled the country and seen how it gets done today .

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Well, back to brakes - here's hoping you are able to get things sorted out sooner rather than later. As far as I recall I dont think there are many complaints about the Hill Start Assist here on this forum - at least not to the extent you describe.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I understand. Like I said. Due to my experience I am quick off the line. 1/2 second or Les clutch to throttle engagement.. Even my service tech was like oh.. Ya they programmed it for 2 seconds. You obviously have done this before. Ya... No kidding. Eye roll

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I understand. Like I said. Due to my experience I am quick off the line. 1/2 second or Les clutch to throttle engagement.. Even my service tech was like oh.. Ya they programmed it for 2 seconds. You obviously have done this before. Ya... No kidding. Eye roll

I had it in my '14 CVT Mirage and now in my '17 CVT. It works flawlessly every time. It could be that the CVT having a torque converter absorbs some of the delay during engagement.
    Perhaps a more relaxed pace coupled with a judicial application of throttle will ease the transition.
    If one cannot adjust their driving style to suit the vehicle they're in it's no fault of the vehicle itself.
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    The first time i drove a car with hill assist (merc c220) i stalled jokes on you fancy features!

Space Star 1.2 2017 =>

Mazda MX-5 1990 =>

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andrefsbispo For This Useful Post:

BostonJellyBean (01-16-2017),MetroMPG (02-16-2017)