Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Really bad video review (2017 GT): "Mirage is an insult to its breed" (Autoguide.com)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=MetroMPG;55045]Mitsubishi didn't send out ANY 5-speeds for U.S. reviews this year.

YES, I ASKED.

Well, I think sometimes you just can't fix stupid.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That reviewers voice is chalk on a black board. And the stereotypical geek. That said, anyone who'd pay over 17k for a Mirage would have to be crazy. It is odd that the car has sold as well as it has despite being universally panned by reviewers. Wonder how long it will take Mitsu to make some meaningful updates. Hopefully before sales start falling off.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What kind of meaningful updates? I think if they just did some insulation. . the car would be perfect. As it us... I love the car. But I'm a simplist. My crown vic was so bad, I had to remove the passenger air bag to manually switch from heat to air conditioning. Reason being? The $50 blend door was broken. I would have had to remove the steering column and dash to replace the $50 blend door.
    So.......
    These " professional " reviewers can kiss my ass and the asses of those who like simplicity.
    And a long warranty. And excellent fuel economy.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BostonJellyBean For This Useful Post:

inuvik (01-15-2017),mitsumi (01-15-2017)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Here is a Canadian review that is more balanced. http://driving.ca/mitsubishi/mirage/...ishi-mirage-g4
    Last edited by kevhaw; 01-15-2017 at 01:30 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    @jellybean - Agee with you that better insulation would be a meaningful improvement. I also agree with the reviewers comments about steering devoid of feeling and body lean. A bit more solidity would be nice too. Maybe a better comparison (than an old Crown Vic) would be the Toyota / Scion / Mazda iA. Ugly nose aside, it's a more modern design and a more pleasing drive. I don't dislike my Mirage, but I don't kid myself into thinking it compares well to some small cars from other manufacturers. It is what it is and that would be cheap (emphasis on cheap) A to B transportation. Why did I buy it? Extremely low purchase price and I have fond memories of dated 3 cylinder cars from my time spent in second world countries. Those little rattle traps take quite a beating and many of them are Mitsubishi or have Mitsubishi running gear. But grittiness aside, they were primitive contraptions in comparison to what we have available in the US. At 11k for a well equipped new Mirage, it's good. At 16 or 17K, no thanks.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ranny For This Useful Post:

BostonJellyBean (01-15-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranny View Post
    @jellybean - Agee with you that better insulation would be a meaningful improvement. I also agree with the reviewers comments about steering devoid of feeling and body lean. A bit more solidity would be nice too. Maybe a better comparison (than an old Crown Vic) would be the Toyota / Scion / Mazda iA. Ugly nose aside, it's a more modern design and a more pleasing drive. I don't dislike my Mirage, but I don't kid myself into thinking it compares well to some small cars from other manufacturers. It is what it is and that would be cheap (emphasis on cheap) A to B transportation. Why did I buy it? Extremely low purchase price and I have fond memories of dated 3 cylinder cars from my time spent in second world countries. Those little rattle traps take quite a beating and many of them are Mitsubishi or have Mitsubishi running gear. But grittiness aside, they were primitive contraptions in comparison to what we have available in the US. At 11k for a well equipped new Mirage, it's good. At 16 or 17K, no thanks.
    My whole point was that my crown vic was beat.
    I like the mirage. I paid 9k for a loaded 15 ES with 33k miles and I paid 12 k for a 17 ES 5mt with bluetooth and Led/bumper exhaust finishers. Good price and guess what? My fiancé and I get back to work every day. Her dad has a rav 4. Guess what? We both HATE driving it. The v6 sucks gas and it is uncomfortable. The radio stopped working and it's not covered under warranty. . That's right.. Because Toyota don't back their cars for ****. Right. I am to the point I want a house. I finally got a great paying job. I got my first new car... Next up is my house. The mirage helps me get there quicker. Tell that geek to enjoy his parents basement till they die

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I knew I was kicking the hornets' nest I bit, so offense taken at your reply and no further pokes on my part, Jelly. Though I still would not pay even 12K for a bare bones model. If that's my budget, next time it's a used something or other. I've recently helped two friends buy used cars and there are some great values to be had. Just takes patience, thick skin and the willingness to walk away. With that in hand, the process is almost fun. Especially when it's someone else's money.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Lol. I wanted new. Im not paying Hyundai/ kia 15k for a barebones anything. The Rio 5mt used to be 8888 new. Now they want 15k msrp for it. Bwahahahaha NO. and I am not a fan of Toyota or Honda.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Google on YouTube Chad Haire. He was quite fond of the Mirage G4 sedan. He did not like the CVT though. I still do not get that. If you keep it around 2000 rpm, it is a dream in daily traffic. In fact it is not necessary to ever exceed 2500 rpm at all.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RodeRoNL For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-16-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by kevhaw View Post
    Here is a Canadian review that is more balanced.
    It's not hard to find balanced and even positive reviews of the Mirage.

A lot of people have the impression that all Mirage reviews are negative, but it's not true. They're just the ones that get the most attention and generate the most discussion.

Or clicks/comments. In the autojourno world, it's practically "sport" to do an over the top, scathing review of the Mirage. I'm sure some reviewers do it just for the LOL's (and the clicks).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)