Thread: Check engine light P0498 (Evap wiring issue & soluton -- check yours)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Check engine light P0498 (Evap wiring issue & soluton -- check yours)

First off I don't want anyone to think this is a normal problem.
    I just had a car come in the shop with a check engine light. P0498 Evap valve circuit. The wires at the lh rear of the car are broken where they go up behind the bumper cover. Easy fix, I didn't bother taking to the dealer. I used a few layers of shrink tubing and wrapped the wires in thick rubber hose to prevent this from happening again. I highly doubt this would be a problem for most other people as this car seems to be driven places most people wouldn't take their cars. The car only has 18000kms on it. I'll post pics when I get a chance.

Oh and to clear the check engine light, I didn't bother using a scanner. I just started and shut off the car 5-6 times and the light went out.
    Last edited by Fummins; 01-20-2017 at 04:54 PM. Reason: how to turn off check engine light.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (01-21-2017),daleWV (01-20-2017),Daox (01-20-2017),inuvik (01-20-2017)