Thread: My opinion on 2016Space Star (Europe)

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks

My opinion on 2016Space Star (Europe)

I have a My16, 1.2 80hp in my country ther is only one spec, and those are my thougts on it. (My older car was a Smart Forfour 1.1 75hp..Mitsubishi engine..a very good car to drive, hard suspension very direct and safe to drive).

-Economical (at least 1liter less than the Smart)
    - Faster picking up speed..Faster car than the Smart but now comes the downsize...
    - Cant push it like others because i always feel it unbalanced...unstable...i think its not dangerous but diferent....Faster car that you cant drive fast...

I think the direction is vague, not very responsible...i cant understand the lack of precision.

- Most of the noise comes from wipers...change mine (blade) but it makes noise where the arm fits the blade... Maybe ones like the Kia Rio...
    - Like the space inside, the seats are less sporty than my older car but are more confortable.

I would like to improve the suspension and the direction..but since a bought a budget car (here in my country is sold at 15500 euros without discount) i think spend a lot of money in it its not for now..it should be better engineered from origin. At least the wipers noise.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitaminado View Post
    (My older car was a Smart Forfour 1.1 75hp..Mitsubishi engine..a very good car to drive, hard suspension very direct and safe to drive
    Ah, yes. The so-called Smart Car. I find it amusing that Mitsubishi can produce a vehicle using the same engine and with a bigger body that carries more passengers and cargo, that is more fuel efficient.

And I own one.

Lol.
    Last edited by Eggman; 01-21-2017 at 07:17 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    I think the Smart Forfour was not sold in the US..the Forfour was the 5 places...it shared lots of parts from the Mitsubishi Colt.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    15500 euros? In Germany you get the Space Star basic with discount for less than 8000 €.

A good option to improve handling would be the Eibach springs in my opinion. I drive a 2015 model with Eibach springs and really like the improvement.
    Mitsubishi Space Star 1.2:
    Daihatsu Cuore L251:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Space Star Klassik Kollektion+ 1.2 manual: 67.5 mpg (US) ... 28.7 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 81.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    I got a discount on it...a campaingn by mitsubushi even so more than 13000 euros...but cars are very expensive here...even the gas its one of the highest..
    One of the things i dislike in it its the steering...lacks precision...its calibrated for the city...but it should be more precise...
    Still its well equiped, 15 inch wheels, fog lights, led lights rear, bluetooth, voice control, rádio CD aux, cruise control, leather steering with control for rádio and cruise control
    ...the only thing i see it doesnt have its Hid lights, navigation..and the Japans speed radar brakes
    Last edited by Vitaminado; 01-22-2017 at 02:17 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm guessing that this is a comparison of the Mirage handling versus your Miata?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    No no... I dont have a miata wher did you get that idea.. I was only stating what i think the mitsubishi fails and has its positive sides.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitaminado View Post
    No no... I dont have a miata wher did you get that idea.. I was only stating what i think the mitsubishi fails and has its positive sides.
    Ha sorry! I was thinking of another forum member lol.

Consider using these air bags to help stiffen the rear suspension: Amazon: AIR LIFT 60724 1000 Series Air Spring Kit