Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rear Alignment Problem FAQ

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    If it helps, we only had an alignment check 1 of the 38 Mirage's we have here at work here. We got it checked (at our cost) by an independent shop cause the rear wheels looked off, turned out to be fine and the tires all wear fine if they are rotated regularly. Had the rear axle been bent we would have taken it to the dealer and request they fix it and reimburse us for the cost of the alignment.
    I can see how many dealers don't want the hassle since most Mitsubishi dealers (at least around here) are small and have to farm out alignments so they'd have to pay someone to drive the car there and back as well as cover the cost of the alignment on a car that probably doesn't have a problem in the first place.
    If it's a good deal and it's the car you want I say go for it as long as you're happy.
    And congrats on being a dad soon!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Congratulations!

I hope the dealer isn't taking advantage of your situation! Sorry this hasn't been working out for you. As a Mirage owner and enthusiast, I sing high praises of these affordable, reliable cars. In the end, you need a car you can be comfortable with as I'm sure you don't want to bring any more headaches into your world, and allow you to focus on your family.

Many forum members here have had thousands of worry-free miles from their Mirage. I'm sure there are some out there with problems that aren't active here. For some, the Mirage doesn't work - too small, not enough this or that. I get it - the Mirage isn't for everyone.

I think you've been on the forum enough to get a sense of what's a reasonable price for a Mirage.

You'll know the right car for you when it comes along. Here's wishing you and your family all the best. Let us know what we can do to help - but in the end, you are in the best position to know what's right for you.

You are very Kind My understanding is that they will no longer offer the SE trim in hatchback form with the manual transmission. For me, it is a deal breaker. I think I can warm up to the color options available more locally.

But ultimately I wanted a blue SE hatch 5 speed. Or Mercury grey. I would be even happy with red wine. If there is one of these under 11k new somewhere... let me know?

I need to think about the experience I have had with this dealership a bit. Weird responses to having the alignment checked out. The salesman took a week to find out what the heated seats would cost to get done and how much all weather mats were. When I drove the car it had a bad battery and the lights pulsed the whole time. They wanted me to sign the papers before addressing the battery. That is a good 4-5 days "after" the test drive when I asked that he get that sorted before I come back to re-test the car and likely buy it. Very odd to me. Semi Shady.

I have to admit, I have been much more impressed with the folks at Kia and the owners report very low running costs. Anyway, I love the Mirage.. I hope it works out.
    Last edited by djkenny; 11-13-2017 at 03:57 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to djkenny For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-13-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This salesman has been really Shady. I am keeping the Text Messages. I plan to call a Rep if he changes the price or anything.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Take car on test drive to an auto parts store and have the battery tested for free. Get the voltage AND load tested. It's all free.

The mirage battery is super old school. Like a power sports battery it has the little fill plugs for water or acid to be topped off.
    Once it goes I'm going maintenance free immediately.

I have not really heard of any 17s having axle issues but I think maybe one person? Very very rare on 17s