Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OEM 2015 Spoiler fit on 2017?

Country
    Australia
    Thanks

OEM 2015 Spoiler fit on 2017?

Hi guy,

Anyone know whether the 2015 mirage spoiler would fit on the 2017 mirage?
    Or did the spoiler design get changed as well for the 2016+ facelift?

This is the one i found on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/11-15-For-M...IAAOSw8w1X91wj

Thanks!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    There was a slight design change (really really subtle change) in the rear spoiler on the 2017's onward but mounting has stayed the same as far as I know. There shouldn't be any reason why it wouldn't bolt on unless someone has some information to the contrary.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    There was a slight design change (really really subtle change) in the rear spoiler on the 2017's onward but mounting has stayed the same as far as I know. There shouldn't be any reason why it wouldn't bolt on unless someone has some information to the contrary.
    Ah, I just can't find any spoilers for the 2017 model on ebay. Would you be able to recomend anywhere to get parts off of? In Australia btw.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukinoma View Post
    Ah, I just can't find any spoilers for the 2017 model on ebay. Would you be able to recomend anywhere to get parts off of? In Australia btw.
    Have you searched your local automotive junkyard for donors? I would guess that would be your cheapest route.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Have you searched your local automotive junkyard for donors? I would guess that would be your cheapest route.
    Tried searching for 2017 spoilers but I could only find older model ones, mostly 2013 ones.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I looked at both and there doesnt seem to be any difference at all. Mitsu parented its design and seems very proud of its drag coefficient so I doubt they changed anything.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I looked at both and there doesnt seem to be any difference at all. Mitsu parented its design and seems very proud of its drag coefficient so I doubt they changed anything.
    Cheers i'll keep an eye out for a 2016-2019 one but if i can't find any i'll try the older ones

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    There is a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukinoma View Post
    Cheers i'll keep an eye out for a 2016-2019 one but if i can't find any i'll try the older ones
    I'm sure the older one will fit, though I cannot vouch for it only because I haven't done it myself. We have no posts or reports here that the body design has changed where the spoiler attaches to the body.

With that being said, please let us know how this turns out for you so we can share it with the next individual who wants to do the same thing. You are the pioneer here.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    There is a difference.

I'm sure the older one will fit, though I cannot vouch for it only because I haven't done it myself. We have no posts or reports here that the body design has changed where the spoiler attaches to the body.

With that being said, please let us know how this turns out for you so we can share it with the next individual who wants to do the same thing. You are the pioneer here.

Will make sure to update if i do go ahead with the older spoiler.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tsukinoma For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (08-12-2020)

If I recall, the difference was a slight change in the angle of the 2017+ spoiler for drag reduction.

Not sure why they didn't figure out the optimal angle for the previous years. Could be due to the changes to the front of the car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)