Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Mirage review: is this a real car?

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

2017 Mirage review: is this a real car?

https://youtu.be/EJaGbqRRFbQ

This is what you call a review! no bias BS!

I dont know if this was already posted. kindly delete if it is posted before thanks!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mitsumi For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-27-2017),MetroMPG (01-29-2017)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'm still not understanding how all reviewers say the car is slow and can't pass others at speed.
    I've had my Mirage well over 100mph and I can pass anything I want with authority.
    All in all though he gave the car a fair shake.
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IchabodCrane View Post
    I'm still not understanding how all reviewers say the car is slow and can't pass others at speed.
    I've had my Mirage well over 100mph and I can pass anything I want with authority.
    I get it actually. While it can achieve acceptable speed, the acceleration sometime can be problematic. There have been many occasions where I wasn't able to accelerate fast enough to pass. The worst was when I went across Canada, the Transcanada Highway has a lot of uphill driving with a lot of one lane driving and short 2 lane stretches where you can pass (trucks.) There were many times where I ended up being stuck behind vehicles I would have easily overtaken in most anything else.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spadesheart View Post
    I get it actually. While it can achieve acceptable speed, the acceleration sometime can be problematic. There have been many occasions where I wasn't able to accelerate fast enough to pass. The worst was when I went across Canada, the Transcanada Highway has a lot of uphill driving with a lot of one lane driving and short 2 lane stretches where you can pass (trucks.) There were many times where I ended up being stuck behind vehicles I would have easily overtaken in most anything else.
    Even in Dl or Ds?
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Nice video. Thanks for sharing it.

I question the wisdom of accelerating to 60mph in what appears to be a shopping plaza - too many other drivers nearby driving at parking lot speeds. Dude should also get a decent mirror camera so he doesn't have to hold his camera while driving lol.

1. He gets manual transmissions. Good point well made.
    2. I get the impression he thinks the suspension is appropriate for the model car.
    3. I also get the impression he might be familiar with small cars, but maybe forgets how far small car design has come.
    4. Cute doggie at the end of the video.
    Last edited by Eggman; 01-27-2017 at 08:39 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

2of9 (01-27-2017)

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    I can confirm this. While i was on the highway minding my own business, a Mirage passed by me and i wanna to catch up to him, so i sped up. Boy he was doing over 150kmh! So all of you, who say it is so slow and can't pass anyone, can
    Last edited by inuvik; 01-29-2017 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Removed inappropriate language
    Space Star 1.2 2017 =>

Mazda MX-5 1990 =>

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    LOL "can't pass others." A couple days ago had a slow old car in front of me and a Spark on the left. Both were accelerating way too slow for me to bear and were driving 5-10 under the speed limit. Keep in mind there were no cars in front of them and its an empty long straight on Enchanted Parkway road. I wait for a small gap and floor it. Next thing you know I'm a mile ahead. I honestly would have more trouble doing the same thing in my Corolla S.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spadesheart View Post
    yeah.. I get that. Passing with a small car takes some lead time, planning and room for error. I drove the Trans-Canada for years in one of those trucks you're trying to pass so I know that highway doesn't offer many areas that meet the needs of passing in a Mirage.
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I like reading/hearing the "you have to plan ahead to pass" as I am almost 100% sure, in any kind of car, you have to plan ahead: look at your blind views, rear windows, and being aware of your surroundings and making sure it's safe to pass.

Good review but he definitely needs camera mounts and other small equipment. I noticed He was trying to up to 60mph in a what looks a mall or outlet area. What the heck, haha.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    I think the car is quick and the relation power vs wheight its better in the Space Star than in others with more power or engine size, the problem is that it is sensible to wind, the steering is vague and because of that se dont feel confortable keeping it at higher speeds.