Thread: Cuore :: 2004 Daihatsu Cuore Edition 25 Plus (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Cuore
    Daihatsu
    Cuore Edition 25 Plus
    Silver
    5 Speed

989 ccm, 58 PS, 160 km/h, 12,2 seconds 0-100 km/h, ca. 750 kg

I drive this car since the day I got my driving license, back in 2004. Bought as a new car the odometer shows about 265000 km today. These pictures are one year old. I love this car!

Details

Hand-polished in spring last year. Had no time this year so far.

A lot of room inside for four passengers.

Handmade unique GTG stainless steel sports exhaust, one piece from the catalytic converter to the tail pipes.

Control arm prop from D-Sport Japan. Eibach Pro-Kit.

Some older pictures of the wheels I have for my Cuore. 155/65 R13 is stock dimension on 4X13 inch wheels.

Left side: Enkei rims (Daihatsu Copen) 4,5x15 inch, 165/50 R15
    Middle: "Turbo" rims (Daihatsu YRV GTti) 5x15 inch, 165/50 R15
    Right side: stock wheels

Actual wheels: 4,5x13 inch alloy rims I bought 1 1/2 years ago

Comments: 5 / Views: 8918
    Country
    Curacao
    Thanks
    Never heard of this edition seems to be a Nagano without electric windows. Looks good after all those miles. Did You had any problems with it ?

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Not big problems at all. The battery was defect after 10 years, that was the only time the car didn´t work. A lot of repair works had to be done in the last years, I had a few smaller and bigger accidents (but not my fault), but it´s a very reliable car with low costs at all.

There have been a lot of different configurations even in Europe for the Cuore with several changes of the features and a facelift in 2005. The instrument cluster, the door handles and the rerview mirror caps are from the "Top" Version, so it´s my unique edition .
    Mitsubishi Space Star 1.2:
    Daihatsu Cuore L251:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Space Star Klassik Kollektion+ 1.2 manual: 67.5 mpg (US) ... 28.7 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 81.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    New Zealand
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Hello 25Plus and greetings from a fellow Cuore owner in New Zealand!

I found this forum whilst searching for information on whether a Scangauge would be compatible with my little Cuore (no luck so far), it's cool to see another Cuore driver interested in fuel economy. Mine is returning an average of 4.7L/100km, and my best is 4.4L. I was amazed to see you at 4.1 average, and some in the 3's! How are you achieving that? It is incredible!

Mine is slightly newer (2007) with the 1.0 EJ-VE VVT engine and a rev counter
    I have added a full flat undertray, airdam, deleted mud flaps, run ~42psi tires, engine off coast and I'm still far off your economy.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Novanz For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-25-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Novanz View Post
    Hello 25Plus and greetings from a fellow Cuore owner in New Zealand!
    Welcome to the forum.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Hello Novanz, I drove mostly longer distances behind trucks and I have a very anticipatory driving style, so that I avoid braking whenever it is possible. If I drive 60 km without stopping, from 45-90 km/h in 5 th gear (ca. 60 km/h average), 4 l/100 km is no problem with my Cuore. The Space Star is even more economic. My Cuore has a 5 speed manual gearbox.

Mitsubishi Space Star 1.2:
    Daihatsu Cuore L251:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Space Star Klassik Kollektion+ 1.2 manual: 67.5 mpg (US) ... 28.7 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 81.0 mpg (Imp)