Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This Mirage bashing starts to piss me off (KBB video review)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    This is a point I have made before in response to what I see as unfair reviews. There isn't much to compare the Mirage to in terms of price, so often it is compared to cars that are 30% to 100% more expensive. A base manual Mirage is about $12,000 with rebates. A base manual Fit is about $16,000, and rebates are rare. That makes the Mirage over 30% cheaper than the Fit...and that is real money to some people. It is this fact that reviewers tend to miss.

Mitsubishi really needs to work on the pricing structure for these cars. A top-of-the-line Mirage should be about $15k and change, base cars should be about $11,000. I think the reviews would be much more fair if this were the case. Let's be honest here...$17k for a top-spec Mirage, even if it does have heated seats, isn't a very good deal.
    I never compare top spec prices. Lettuce be real here, who ever buys the top spec? Usually people who know very little of cars. Only reason is to buy add-ons you wouldn't be able to put on yourself. I'd say go base or mid range.

I actually almost bought a Scion xD before finding about the mirage. They wouldn't budge the price and it was about $16,700 base model. At $17,500 you can get a VW Golf. I mean lots of cars have unreasonable prices. At around $17k i'd go straight for the Golf.

Note: the prices i list are from several years ago. Of course th Golf is at around $19k

Last edited by Marklovski; 01-31-2017 at 09:58 AM.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Are you driving a Mirage? Are you liking your Mirage? Then who cares what the "professional" reviewers think. The customer base knows the proper information, as seen my actual buyer reviews and forums like this. The smart car buyer is the one that researches from the best sources. "Professional" reviews are a terrible source of information. Thank you for all being smart car buyers.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 51.2 mpg (US) ... 21.8 km/L ... 4.6 L/100 km ... 61.5 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MysticMirage For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-31-2017),MightyMirageMpg (01-31-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What annoys me is that every review I've ever read make sit sound like the mirage is a little golf cart that you can't take on the highway. I don't think they've even driven it, they just cut and paste the previous review. I've taken my mirage on at least 20 long trips (3 plus hours) and it's very stable on the highway.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 automatic: 39.7 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It goes down the hwy. Think kia Ford fiesta lol.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    What annoys me is that every review I've ever read make sit sound like the mirage is a little golf cart that you can't take on the highway. I don't think they've even driven it, they just cut and paste the previous review. I've taken my mirage on at least 20 long trips (3 plus hours) and it's very stable on the highway.
    Speaking of golf carts....
    Name:  IMAG0130.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  93.0 KB
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Marklovski For This Useful Post:

BostonJellyBean (02-23-2017),Eggman (02-04-2017),inuvik (02-03-2017),Madison320 (02-07-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The reviewers always seem to gloat about the Nissan Versa and Chevrolet Spark, both of which are hideously unreliable. I'll take solid dependability and low cost to own over a technological headache any day of the week. My car has 51,600 miles on it, survived two deer strikes, and the only extra "repair" I've spent on the car other than normal stuff has been a turn signal bulb. It's been rock solid and is a damn good little car for zipping around town. I plan on driving mine until it either disintegrates or explodes and think I can get 200,000 miles out of it if it doesn't rust apart. The mechanicals seem simple and stout. It's well built for the price point and does everything I need from a car. The negative reviewers can suck a peen.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.5 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to burghbeagle For This Useful Post:

BostonJellyBean (02-23-2017)

Mirage G4 SE
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Exactly. Also to me a bad car is one that is unreliable and in the shop a lot for repairs (Dodge, Jeep, Fiat, Chrysler, Nissan Versa, Chevy Spark) which the Mirage is not. They really over due it with the Mirage and it gets old. It is a good reliable car with a ton of features, roomy interior, good looks, long warranty, great mpg and a price that is unbeatable with Mitsu rebates and dealer sales.

I got my 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 SE with rear spoiler for $12,800.00 (MSRP $18,115.00). Sure Ivknow it is not the most refined car but when they review parts of the car to golf carts and tractors that is just really stupid. If that was the case would people be buying the car, no, I mean come on.

Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    I think it's fine to have divergent opinions but when it's your job to review a car, you should approach every vehicle as unbiased as possible. Is the Mirage perfect? Heck no. But is it a horrific pile unworthy of any redeeming qualities? Absolutely not. I'm fine with objective criticism, it's emotional blather that I'm opposed to.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I drove from LA to Fl and back. No issues besides no cruise in my 14 DE

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)