Thread: This Mirage bashing starts to piss me off (KBB video review)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    This is a point I have made before in response to what I see as unfair reviews. There isn't much to compare the Mirage to in terms of price, so often it is compared to cars that are 30% to 100% more expensive. A base manual Mirage is about $12,000 with rebates. A base manual Fit is about $16,000, and rebates are rare. That makes the Mirage over 30% cheaper than the Fit...and that is real money to some people. It is this fact that reviewers tend to miss.

Mitsubishi really needs to work on the pricing structure for these cars. A top-of-the-line Mirage should be about $15k and change, base cars should be about $11,000. I think the reviews would be much more fair if this were the case. Let's be honest here...$17k for a top-spec Mirage, even if it does have heated seats, isn't a very good deal.
    I never compare top spec prices. Lettuce be real here, who ever buys the top spec? Usually people who know very little of cars. Only reason is to buy add-ons you wouldn't be able to put on yourself. I'd say go base or mid range.

I actually almost bought a Scion xD before finding about the mirage. They wouldn't budge the price and it was about $16,700 base model. At $17,500 you can get a VW Golf. I mean lots of cars have unreasonable prices. At around $17k i'd go straight for the Golf.

Note: the prices i list are from several years ago. Of course th Golf is at around $19k
    Last edited by Marklovski; 01-31-2017 at 09:58 AM.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire