Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Mirage bashing starts to piss me off (KBB video review)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

This Mirage bashing starts to piss me off (KBB video review)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD_Mk1dvLSo

yet their owner reviews are totally different

https://www.kbb.com/mitsubishi/mirag...hicleid=415809

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I agree.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Don't outfits like this realize that people who have actually BOUGHT the car (and like it) are going to watch these reviews? And that those people aren't going to appreciate being painted as crazy morons by some random joker at KBB for their choice???

I understand that negative, catty, snarky reviews are a lot more fun to do than the normal Civic-worshiping for these guys, and I understand that everyone in the auto press enjoys kicking Mitsubishi when they are down. I also realize that each reviewer is trying to separate themselves from the pack and make a name for themselves by doing this sort of thing. But the insult factor they often lay on is often pretty hard to take.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

BostonJellyBean (01-31-2017),inuvik (01-31-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Posted my positive review on KBB. It looks like a few of us regulars here have already. Maybe a bunch more of us could post some more owner reviews.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Don't outfits like this realize that people who have actually BOUGHT the car (and like it) are going to watch these reviews? And that those people aren't going to appreciate being painted as crazy morons by some random joker at KBB for their choice???

I understand that negative, catty, snarky reviews are a lot more fun to do than the normal Civic-worshiping for these guys, and I understand that everyone in the auto press enjoys kicking Mitsubishi when they are down. I also realize that each reviewer is trying to separate themselves from the pack and make a name for themselves by doing this sort of thing. But the insult factor they often lay on is often pretty hard to take.
    I'm a truck driver. I think I want to change careers to auto reviewer. First cars to down? Their precious bloated civic weighing in at 3,000 lbs. With the anemic 1.5 di dressed up with a blow up turbo. Oh and that cat fish look Toyota and Mazda have been running with... Honda stole it from them!
    All for 22k base. Yuck.
    How was my review of the civic?
    The 2018 toyota Corolla
    Starts at an anemic 18,800 msrp.
    With a cat fish nose redesign. Oh and all the self driving features like crash mitigation, lane departure steers itself... Cheap people need because they can't do the job of driving. Thanks Bill gates and Steve jobs .....
    See more of my reviews on ... Haven't made a website yet.
    Feel free to leave your comments!

Unless you're an 18-29 year old snot nose Tree hugging anti American protester living in your mom's basement.
    We already know how you feel

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My grandpa once told me, "its better to be pissed off then pissed on"

Some of you have very thin skin. It's just a car and even more-so, it's just someone else's opinion. It'll all be ok. Laugh and buy parts.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MightyMirageMpg For This Useful Post:

BostonJellyBean (01-31-2017),chris_top_her (02-01-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    I think it's fine to have divergent opinions but when it's your job to review a car, you should approach every vehicle as unbiased as possible. Is the Mirage perfect? Heck no. But is it a horrific pile unworthy of any redeeming qualities? Absolutely not. I'm fine with objective criticism, it's emotional blather that I'm opposed to.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I think most of us just think differently about cars. I am very happy with the value I got. I think its also a USA reviewer thing. The reviews I have read from Aus or EU seem much more in-sync with how I would evaluate a car purchase.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to emdeplam For This Useful Post:

inuvik (01-31-2017)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well they dont understand the Mirage is one of those cheap cars on the market. There was a car released in Britain around 2004 that was only 7000 quid/pounds since it had no AC or stereo. It was just a car, for getting to point A to point B. Yet you will see car reviewers bash it.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    Well they dont understand the Mirage is one of those cheap cars on the market. There was a car released in Britain around 2004 that was only 7000 quid/pounds since it had no AC or stereo. It was just a car, for getting to point A to point B. Yet you will see car reviewers bash it.
    This is a point I have made before in response to what I see as unfair reviews. There isn't much to compare the Mirage to in terms of price, so often it is compared to cars that are 30% to 100% more expensive. A base manual Mirage is about $12,000 with rebates. A base manual Fit is about $16,000, and rebates are rare. That makes the Mirage over 30% cheaper than the Fit...and that is real money to some people. It is this fact that reviewers tend to miss.

Mitsubishi really needs to work on the pricing structure for these cars. A top-of-the-line Mirage should be about $15k and change, base cars should be about $11,000. I think the reviews would be much more fair if this were the case. Let's be honest here...$17k for a top-spec Mirage, even if it does have heated seats, isn't a very good deal.