Thread: New Car Swirl Marks

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks

Angry New Car Swirl Marks

So yesterday i went to the dealer to collect my 2017 Space Star. Being myself an amateur car detailer, the first thing a look at was the paint. Man i was furious, the guys who washed the car to remove the glue from the tapes holding the plastics covering the car, not only did not remove all the glue and made a tone of swirls but also left dirty oil hand marks over the car interior!!

What is this man? if you want to be a car detailer/cleaner, why do you leave a car out of the dealership with swirls and dirty hands? I guess i'll have to properly clean and detail a new car ...

Space Star 1.2 2017 =>

Mazda MX-5 1990 =>

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That sucks. Fortunately mine did not have any paint issues since that was the first thing I looked at.

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mullet View Post
    That sucks. Fortunately mine did not have any paint issues since that was the first thing I looked at.
    I bet they cleaned the body with the rim's mitt -.-'
    Space Star 1.2 2017 =>

Mazda MX-5 1990 =>

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sorry to hear that!!! probably young kids did the wash job. I know the last time I took my Copper in to have its Frist service done they did a terrible job on washing the outside and there vac job was half hazard. Then they sent me a email to ask how did I like the service? So I told them!! Hopefully it's a lot better next time
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Typical dealer "detail". When i bought my Versa new i asked them to leave on the glue and stickers, even leave it all dusty. They thought i was crazy but I'm positive i saved my self some polishing.

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    I not only have to polish also have to remove a very big glue spot ... How did you removed the glue?
    Space Star 1.2 2017 =>

Mazda MX-5 1990 =>

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    On paint i usually soak a corner of a microfiber cloth with goo gone and set it on the glue for about 30 seconds. Then i try to gently rub the glue off with the same towel and goo gone. If it wont come off i soak it again. You're trying to break down the glue with the goo gone so you don't have to rub it really hard and cause scratches. Always wax the spot after to make sure it's protected.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jibles For This Useful Post:

Daox (02-06-2017)

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibles View Post
    On paint i usually soak a corner of a microfiber cloth with goo gone and set it on the glue for about 30 seconds. Then i try to gently rub the glue off with the same towel and goo gone. If it wont come off i soak it again. You're trying to break down the glue with the goo gone so you don't have to rub it really hard and cause scratches. Always wax the spot after to make sure it's protected.
    ty for the tips jibles much appreciated, will do that asap

Space Star 1.2 2017 =>

Mazda MX-5 1990 =>