Thread: Vibration while Driving

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Vibration while Driving

Wifey called me at work all worried and telling me there was something wrong with the car. She told me the car was shaking and vibrating and the faster you went, the worse it got. I told her I knew exactly what was wrong and I'll fix it when I get home. I did not have to expect working on a brand new car with 1500 miles on it, but when you live in the Snow Belt on a back road the wheels will get packed with snow and ice after blasting through deep snow and drifted roads.

I backed the car into the garage and quietly went to work not to awaken the Geo in hibernation

The right rear wheel only had half of much snow and ice packed in there because half of it must have busted loose over a bump causing the vibration.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johnny Mullet For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (02-07-2017),inuvik (02-02-2017),Top_Fuel (02-03-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    take off the wheel and see if you have any bent on the tire or the wheel. . Also check to see if your wheel balacing weight still on both side... it maybe fall off making it off balance.

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wmo168 View Post
    take off the wheel and see if you have any bent on the tire or the wheel. . Also check to see if your wheel balacing weight still on both side... it maybe fall off making it off balance.
    I think you missed OPs problem -- it was snow and ice build up in the wheels.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.8 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MiMi For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-07-2017),Johnny Mullet (02-07-2017),poorman1 (02-08-2017)